Eddie's Message on 09/11

PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
"We don't need to suffer this thing of being divided by other people for their benefit. I don't hate my fellow American citizen and I don't want them to be told that I hate them either. Politicians are all of a sudden like divorce lawyers separating the two parties so they can benefit."

For me, was his greatest message as a front man speaking on the political front. Personally, I do not agree with with all of their political beliefs. We differ on many topics. But one thing I think we can all agree on is the message above. 

I am a New Yorker - had family around the towers on that day... When he conveyed the message from the first responders of "being together as one" on 09/12. He is spot on... I never experienced that togetherness to that magnitude.

What a critical time to convey such message.

Sorry to bring it up but it was a great message in my opinion...

Take care.

If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H

Comments

• PJ5a1 said:
    "We don't need to suffer this thing of being divided by other people for their benefit. I don't hate my fellow American citizen and I don't want them to be told that I hate them either. Politicians are all of a sudden like divorce lawyers separating the two parties so they can benefit."

For me, was his greatest message as a front man speaking on the political front. Personally, I do not agree with with all of their political beliefs. We differ on many topics. But one thing I think we can all agree on is the message above. 

I am a New Yorker - had family around the towers on that day... When he conveyed the message from the first responders of "being together as one" on 09/12. He is spot on... I never experienced that togetherness to that magnitude.

Take care.

@PJ5a1 I'm from oceanside!  And yes, it brought all of us together the days going forward after that event.
  • PJ5a1 said:

Take care.

Agreed, 

I often wonder how in 20 years we could have gone from that sense of unity to where we are now. 

Great message from Eddie, thanks for posting. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,086
    edited September 2022
    PJ5a1 said:

Take care.

Agreed, 

I often wonder how in 20 years we could have gone from that sense of unity to where we are now. 

Great message from Eddie, thanks for posting. 
  • I had the opposite reaction. What I experienced on 9/12 was not togetherness, it was abject terror. I never want to experience that again.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,665
    Found these on Sunday while going through some boxes.....

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    lisalamb said:
    I had the opposite reaction. What I experienced on 9/12 was not togetherness, it was abject terror. I never want to experience that again.
    obviously....think Ed was getting at there was some willingness to not let things get in  the way between citizens....that there was a chance to come to a common understanding

not like now....where people argue about the dumbest shit
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    I thought he hit all the right notes for a show in NYC on that date.  Hell of a show as well!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin