Camden/Philly Transportation

jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 152
If I’m staying in Philly, is the best way to get back and forth for the show going to be to take the train or ferry? If train, which stop gets you there? Does it involve transferring? And does it let you off right by the arena? I believe there is a stop at Penn’s Landing for the Ferry. Appreciate any help from those with local knowledge! 

Comments

• jagerweis said:
    If I’m staying in Philly, is the best way to get back and forth for the show going to be to take the train or ferry? If train, which stop gets you there? Does it involve transferring? And does it let you off right by the arena? I believe there is a stop at Penn’s Landing for the Ferry. Appreciate any help from those with local knowledge! 
    I have zero experience, just based on my own research, so perhaps somebody could verify. There is a ferry, but I am staying closer to center city and instead will take PATCO (train) which appears to be about 10 minutes and only a handful of stops. I think I read get off at city hall stop in Camden, although on a map Broadway looks even closer (both are close). After show depending on how quick people filter out, may have to go to Broadway, City Hall appears to close at midnight. Stayed at same hotel last time I saw them in Philly and it looks like the ride to camden will be about the same length as the ride to the Wachovia center was then.

• Dtrain74Dtrain74 Posts: 10
    edited September 2022
    Where are you staying? It really depends on that. We are staying near Penn's Landing (in Old City) and taking the Ferry. We already have Ferry passes, make sure to secure them before and choose the "Concert" one. This is my first time on the Ferry and have taken PATCO once, but only to an all day festival concert and had a ride home. I do know we got off at Broadway, which a bunch of people who were all headed to the same place suggested. There will be other concert goers at both and they will not be hard to spot.  The cool thing about the ferry is that there are some cool bars that will be open in Old City. It isn't super crazy far to walk down Market Street from Center City. At the concert that I noted, my friend and I got off in Center City and hit up some bars on the way down Market, took in an Art Show at Penn's Landing but didn't have a Ferry Pass so we took PATCO over the bridge (but had to go 8 blocks toward Center City to catch it). But, you can get a cab or uber to get back to Center City if you need too from the Ferry. Late night I totally suggest a ride first and if all else fails the Subway, which you can pick up at 2nd and Market and goes to Center City. 

Post edited by Dtrain74 on
    Camden, NJ August 28, 1998 (Got Back stage and on stage)
    Camden, NJ Sept. 01, 2000
    Philadelphia Spectrum, April 28, 2003 (One of my faves)
    Camden, NJ July 5, 2003
    Reading, PA October 1, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA Oct. 1, 2005 
    Camden, NJ June 20, 2008
    Philadelphia Spectrum, October 27, 2009
    New York (MSG), May 20, 2010
    Philadelphia, Sep 2, 2012
    Philadephia, Oct. 21, 2013
    Philadelphia, April 29, 2016 (Ten Show)
    Camden, September 14, 2022

• jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 152
    Thanks! I’m staying in Center City. 
  • Dtrain74Dtrain74 Posts: 10
    edited September 2022
    jagerweis said:
    Cool, then PATCO may be your best choice. But as I said, it's walkable from Center City, there are plenty of Ubers/Cabs or whatnot if you choose the Ferry. The Ferry get's you right to the Arena, PATCO a few blocks away. Enjoy man! Oh and we are pre-partying on Market at Sto's Dive Bar, only a few steps from our hotel and not far from the Ferry. It opens at noon. (Lots of places open late these days). 
    Post edited by Dtrain74 on
    Camden, NJ August 28, 1998 (Got Back stage and on stage)
    Camden, NJ Sept. 01, 2000
    Philadelphia Spectrum, April 28, 2003 (One of my faves)
    Camden, NJ July 5, 2003
    Reading, PA October 1, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA Oct. 1, 2005 
    Camden, NJ June 20, 2008
    Philadelphia Spectrum, October 27, 2009
    New York (MSG), May 20, 2010
    Philadelphia, Sep 2, 2012
    Philadephia, Oct. 21, 2013
    Philadelphia, April 29, 2016 (Ten Show)
    Camden, September 14, 2022

• jagerweis said:
    Runs along Locust, stops at 15/16, 12/13, 9/10 and then City Hall and Broadway are the first two stops over the river