Options

amp dude. opinions.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads

Comments

• Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    Looks good, but I never had luck with ebay, something always seemed to be wrong, or the tone wasn't there. But it looks like a well rounded amp, but I always had to hear stuff first.

I had one of these, (still do, but right now it's on the other side of the world) I loved it:
    http://www.dipintoguitars.com/vintage/amps/1watt.htm

I hope all is well with you'all

Nepal is still awesome
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    yeah, i wouldn't buy it from ebay. but it's a canadian amp so i can avoid all sorts of duties etc. and support a canadian builder. i always wanted a vox AC15 but they quit making them.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    yeah, i wouldn't buy it from ebay. but it's a canadian amp so i can avoid all sorts of duties etc. and support a canadian builder. i always wanted a vox AC15 but they quit making them.

Allen Amps makes kits. How much duty would a DR. Z run you because he has some great stuff.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I loved my Vox. I don't have it no more.
    Otherwise I could have sold it to you. Although you'd have to pay in Nepalese Rupees. ( small bills only here ) ,,,,,Or a couple of six packs of GOOD,,,,COLD beer. (Very rare here!)
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Allen Amps makes kits. How much duty would a DR. Z run you because he has some great stuff.

i can get dr.z locally. my shop has a carmen ghia but i'm scared to try it.

that martone looks so cool too. these like 1W deals with conventional tone stacks look much more appealing to me than the z.vex nano.
  • Options
    That thing is truly awesome. It even has a master contol!
    It actually drives a 4X12 cabinet pretty loud.
    Who would ever think a 1 watt amp would need a Master!
    I tried the zvex, but it is a one sound amp.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Zvex is a cool guy but he charges so much. However, being an engineer for so many years, He know's how to achieve great tone and what an eq should be set like I was iffy on the greatness of the SHO too but it does make a strat sparkle. The switch was necessary because of the tiny unit. The conventional tone stacks are appealing to me too especially the price tag and the non casing that looks so cool also the versitility. but I'd still love to have a Nano just for it's tiny badassness. Still a one watter is so appealing for distortion but It dosen't help with my desire to have a wall of clean tone.

Lately. I'm desiring more space and a keyboard or JOY Hammond Organ to play with. Lord. Give me a basement and 10 grand and I will build a studio to be reckoned with.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    yeah, i have to quit looking at this shit. i have a glorious fender and two pods. i should be set for amps. i never gig. this is dumb.

wishlist:
    -digital piano
    -bass and bass pod
    -the ability to create cool drum loops.
  • Options
    I spent 10 minutes on a yamaha last night at Best Buy and already had a song in my head.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    A little Orange 15-watter like Paco's pride and joy would be a better choice, in my opinion. Orange is just a name you can trust.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    A little Orange 15-watter like Paco's pride and joy would be a better choice, in my opinion. Orange is just a name you can trust.

there is one on ebay right now for $850 if anyone's interested.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I think I'm pretty well maxed out on gear purchases for the next few months. I'd still like to pick up a Fender Bassman head, but that might wait until after Christmas money rolls in. Or tax returns. Then maybe a Gibson Explorer next summer when I have some spare cash. I really do need to lay off the gear... I'm goddamn broke and I have no place to put any of this crap.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.