22 msg poster for ?

I’m hoping someone out there doesn’t want their 2013 Pittsburgh poster.  It’s always worth try. 

Comments

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    What you paid for it plus shipping.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • I got extra hoping to trade for ???.  The first thinks it should be face value.  The next doesn’t think one poster is the same as another value wise.   
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,011
    edited September 2022
    Wow
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • I’m hoping someone out there doesn’t want their 2013 Pittsburgh poster.  It’s always worth try. 
    Never happen...
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    I got extra hoping to trade for ???.  The first thinks it should be face value.  The next doesn’t think one poster is the same as another value wise.   
    You have to see how this can be insulting to some. 
  • DamiensDamiens Posts: 771
    OP just to provide perspective a Pittsburgh 2013 recently sold for $2500 a month ago, it is one of the most sought after posters in the Pearl Jam poster world.  The MSG 22 poster is very new but seems to right now have a going rate of approx $125-$150 if you look at what people are willing to actually pay to get one.  They're both cool posters and I wish you the best of luck but a 1:1 trade is very unlikely just given the associated value of these two items.  Munk did a puzzle of the Pitts poster, you may find someone willing to trade the puzzle for the MSG 22 as their values are more inline.
  • Damiens said:
    OP just to provide perspective a Pittsburgh 2013 recently sold for $2500 a month ago, it is one of the most sought after posters in the Pearl Jam poster world.  The MSG 22 poster is very new but seems to right now have a going rate of approx $125-$150 if you look at what people are willing to actually pay to get one.  They're both cool posters and I wish you the best of luck but a 1:1 trade is very unlikely just given the associated value of these two items.  Munk did a puzzle of the Pitts poster, you may find someone willing to trade the puzzle for the MSG 22 as their values are more inline.
    This... There's just no comparing the two at this point in time... that Pittsburgh print is one of the all time greats. 

A for effort though. 
  • Damiens said:
    This... There's just no comparing the two at this point in time... that Pittsburgh print is one of the all time greats. 

A for effort though. 
    That Pitt is most likely a quarter of the amount printed for MSG too.
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    One of my all time favorites ! I also believe this show was mentioned in the LO2L liner notes. 
    I  sat front row center for thus show in 1998, got my tickets from 10c … remember when we used to send index cards and self addressed stamp envelops for tickets ? Good ol’ days with no Merch lines … Imagine those soccer jersey’s from the 98 tour ring released now?? 
  • Damiens said:

A for effort though. 
    I was going to add that as well... it seems like they're printing way more in recent years which is great. 

stickman said:
    One of my all time favorites ! I also believe this show was mentioned in the LO2L liner notes. 

Same... I found a reprint of this on ebay many years ago for < $30. It's a little smaller than the original, but I don't care... it didn't cost me thousands and considering it was my 1st PJ show, I'll take it. 

RE: The LO2L liner notes, I was under the impression that was in reference to the '96 Hartford show... I know LO2L was from '98 shows, but AFAIK there was a legit incident at Hartford in '96 where the cops pepper sprayed a bunch of fans. I could be wrong, though. 
    So, I was at MSG first Pearl Jam show since my first in 1994 where I didn’t buy any PJ Merch, as I was not gonna spend my day on NYC in a Merch line.  I will get the MSG 2022 poster.  I would trade you a poster from 2018 Fenway,  or even the 2013 Worcester Klausen.  But 2 days post show it is not to the level of these posters.  
  • Damiens said:

A for effort though. 
    I was going to add that as well... it seems like they're printing way more in recent years which is great. 

stickman said:

Same... I found a reprint of this on ebay many years ago for < $30. It's a little smaller than the original, but I don't care... it didn't cost me thousands and considering it was my 1st PJ show, I'll take it. 

RE: The LO2L liner notes, I was under the impression that was in reference to the '96 Hartford show... I know LO2L was from '98 shows, but AFAIK there was a legit incident at Hartford in '96 where the cops pepper sprayed a bunch of fans. I could be wrong, though. 
    In regards to print runs, it's been noticeable.  Some shows get more than others and some posters at the stadium shows got overprinted and some were rarities.

We should start a thread on this, lol.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    stickman said:
    So, I was at MSG first Pearl Jam show since my first in 1994 where I didn’t buy any PJ Merch, as I was not gonna spend my day on NYC in a Merch line.  I will get the MSG 2022 poster.  I would trade you a poster from 2018 Fenway,  or even the 2013 Worcester Klausen.  But 2 days post show it is not to the level of these posters.  
    Also there hasn’t even been an AP or 10C store drop of this one yet. Still no way to tell how scarce this one will be, but as others have pointed out, based on recent history there’s no reason to think it will be a particularly difficult one to put your hands on at the end of the day. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • tdawe said:
    stickman said:
    Also there hasn’t even been an AP or 10C store drop of this one yet. Still no way to tell how scarce this one will be, but as others have pointed out, based on recent history there’s no reason to think it will be a particularly difficult one to put your hands on at the end of the day. 
    These aren't scarce in the slightest.  They sold them for hours outside the venue then every stand had them inside the venue.

I say 5000 printed at least.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    5000 feels high. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• My perspective is something is always only worth what someone wants to pay.   There is some people here who may trade on the Jamily basis.   Or say they would then explain why whatever they did or have is better. I’m starting to think a lot of people are turning into boomers on here.   

It doesn’t have to be that certain poster, could be something else.  Depends on value to me.  I got extra poster hoping to trade for something.  
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    edited September 2022
    My perspective is something is always only worth what someone wants to pay.   There is some people here who may trade on the Jamily basis.   Or say they would then explain why whatever they did or have is better. I’m starting to think a lot of people are turning into boomers on here.   

It doesn’t have to be that certain poster, could be something else.  Depends on value to me.  I got extra poster hoping to trade for something.  
    If you don't ask, the answer is always no. Sometimes the Hail Mary is caught...
  • My perspective is something is always only worth what someone wants to pay.   There is some people here who may trade on the Jamily basis.   Or say they would then explain why whatever they did or have is better. I’m starting to think a lot of people are turning into boomers on here.   

One doesn't turn into a boomer, it's literally defined by the year one was born. You're either from the boomer generation or you're not. 

Your perspective is all well and good; with that being said, ebay, expresso beans & collectionzz all confirm people are willing to pay $2K & above for the Pitt 2013 print.

Shooters shoot, and you took the shot. Maybe you'll find a willing partner, it can't hurt to ask. Good luck in your search. 

You used the term Jamily... Who's the boomer?
     B) 
  • Turning into your parents then.  Those good commercial.  Since boomers “defined” by when you were born.   

• I'll sell you mine for 3k USD shipped and insured
  • A spot o rum!
  • punkdefied.punkdefied. Northern VA Posts: 27
    stickman said:
    I  sat front row center for thus show in 1998, got my tickets from 10c … remember when we used to send index cards and self addressed stamp envelops for tickets ? Good ol’ days with no Merch lines … Imagine those soccer jersey’s from the 98 tour ring released now?? 
    OMG this was my first Pearl Jam show and I met my wife (now ex) at the show.  There are 3 kids in this world living their best life because of this band and because of this show in particular.  I've been searching for this poster for so long its so nice to see it framed up in such good condition.  
    1998: Columbia                                              2000: Virginia Beach, Columbia
    2003: Raleigh, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Bristow, Mountain View I
    2004: Kissimmee              2005: Philadelphia               2006: Washington DC
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa, Virginia Beach, Camden I, Washington DC
    2009: Philadelphia IV         2010: Bristow       2013: Baltimore, Charlottesville
    2018: Boston I & II      2021: Asbury Park         2022: New York City, Camden
    2023: Chicago I & II, Austin I & II
    2024: Seattle I & II, New York City II, Philadelphia I & II, Baltimore