Options

rob/paco/pure

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
they're ordering the stompswitches and power jacks today and i should have them hopefully by next wednesday.

i'd pm this but i can't figure out how to sent to multiple people at once and doing it three times separately violates my vow of efficiency.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    Cool. Thanks exhausted!
    Is there a output jack on this box that plugs into the phone line, so we can all play together on our answering machines and record a CD?
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    triple PM sounds like an Orgy

I can't wait to see those pedals.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    in other GCP news, i'm going to make 1 and 2 loop bypass boxes too i think.

i think i'm going to concentrate on making nifty utility pedals that are cheaper than the other stuff out there.
  • Options
    Do you need aged beechwood boxes?
    I've got plenty here now. I just got a lumber delivery in my front yard, Oh God it looks heavy! Well, back to work. Man my home looks different now than it did a week ago!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    so like a routing box Ex? that sounds cool. Some hard to get gadget pedals include, Fender Vibro Champ switches for the vibro and reverb, Chicks dig the Vibro so you need the switch.

Channel witching for Orange TC's though orange just made a switch, and just general cool looking LED boxes. It'd be neat if you could build a volume pedal like Visual sound that lights up more as you step on it.

Somewhere on my box I want it to say custom built for Paco.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    just utility boxes yes.

my brain is working on a loop selector and allows either two loops in series or with a toggle switch flick, two loops in parallel with a blend control. who knows if it would be useful.

anything beyond simple routing and i have to learn how to make circuit boards. never mind learning more circuit theory too.

i saw that 4ms takes barter, maybe i could give them a couple switches for a tremulus kit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79

Somewhere on my box I want it to say custom built for Paco.

noted.
  • Options
    I always wanted a box that I could stomp when the band was a bit lost, or we were fucking up,
    It would say,,, "Oh the humanity, Oh god, it's the most horrible thing in the world" aka what the guy said when the Hindenburg went down.

I'd pay for that!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Originally posted by rob
    I always wanted a box that I could stomp when the band was a bit lost, or we were fucking up,
    It would say,,, "Oh the humanity, Oh god, it's the most horrible thing in the world" aka what the guy said when the Hindenburg went down.

I'd pay for that!

sampler pedal. my line6 dl4 can do it. the DD-6 sample time isn't long enough.

zvex makes one that looks awesome. 20sec sample time. and it saves the sample after you power down.
  • Options
    You know what would be cool, some kind of tone generator.

Like a box that says, never under any circumstances touch this button. It could just have Red LED's all around the sides or something and make wierd noises.
  • Options
    like the 1000 dollar 4ms picofreakogirowaveformgeneratorfromhellthing?
  • Options
    exactly the pico who si whatsis. I guess its pretty worthless, but you know that Zvex Machine that distorts the middle instead of the outside of the wave. Something that just makes noise and maybe detunes like a ring mod that turning nobs you could play with the sound, Very Johnny Greenwood.

You could call it Johnny on the spot and make it look like Porta- Potty.
  • Options
    all of these things are way beyond the scope of my knowledge or ability. i took one circuits class. i was an industrial eng student.

anyway, i got the circuit for the loop blender sorted out. now to see how much blend pots are.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    sampler pedal. my line6 dl4 can do it. the DD-6 sample time isn't long enough.

zvex makes one that looks awesome. 20sec sample time. and it saves the sample after you power down.

No No No, I want a custom made one statement pedal, custom made by GCP!
    I don't do samples well. too complex for my brain. Just a pedal that looks like a blimp?

BTW, I just looked at a Zvex 1/2 watt amp, but ended up getting a 1 watt Martone amp. It's frikkin awesome and cheaper ( 325 bucks ) Made by John Martin.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    nah you got it right man, I was just daydreaming.

I don't have enough effects yet to use it as I still need a Reverb pedal a better flanger, chorus, microvibe and Delay. Maybe even a fuzz, the Keeley rat does the Big Muff thing easy but I want a germanium Jimi type fuzz. And a new Strat and a vintage Fender Vibrolux or Super Reverb and a SG with P-90's
  • Options
    how about i give send you my old cassette player with a stompswitch glued to the play button? that's about as fancy as i could get. but i'll work on it.
  • Options
    if i get an sd-1 it's going straight to keeley for modding.
  • Options
    how about i give send you my old cassette player with a stompswitch glued to the play button? that's about as fancy as i could get. but i'll work on it.

Oh, is all I need? Hmm, cool. How about a switch for the rewind, too. Sold!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    oh, and i figured out how to do my loop order swap thing.
  • Options
    yeah a Keeley BD-2 is high on the list too. I'm going to trade my direct drive maybe. That Freak Driver looks cool but 200 bones and a month wait is a long time.

I'm considering the OC 44 equipped Java Boost but that runs 225 as does the incomprable Keeley Comp I want so much to try, I wish my Dyna Comp didn't buzz but the Analog man mod is 85 bucks+ shipping and then David Barber has this new Tone Press with the Blend knob to keep the comp from killing your attack while still giving a nice squeeze and its 130 so well I need to sell some pedals I guess.
  • Options
    ok guys.

next thing coming out of my head is a two loop selector/shuffler.

you get.

A then B series
    B then A series
    A/B parallel with a blend pot

two stomps, one knob and two toggles.
  • Options
    what does it allow me to do? give me an example
  • Options
    series swapping. the aforementioned delay (or way or phaser or whatever) before distortion vs. distortion before delay.

parallel blending - good for blending two in different modulation effects together different portions. or blending in any amount of fuzz to a clean signal.

stomps allow you to turn either loop on or off.
  • Options
    ok I get it without having to change the arrangement of cables to the pedals. I wonder if you could make a kill switch for like the DD-6 or 5 that would kill the dry signal for the reverse delay making it all reverse maybe the blend pot would do that huh?
  • Options
    the stomps could be the kill.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    they're ordering the stompswitches and power jacks today and i should have them hopefully by next wednesday.

Did I miss something in my time away?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    ok I get it without having to change the arrangement of cables to the pedals. I wonder if you could make a kill switch for like the DD-6 or 5 that would kill the dry signal for the reverse delay making it all reverse maybe the blend pot would do that huh?

I think the DD-6 doesn't include the dry signal in reverse. That was one of the things I didn't like about the DD-5 when I had it. Analog Man does a mod for the DD-5 that fixes that
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    yeah a Keeley BD-2 is high on the list too. I'm going to trade my direct drive maybe. That Freak Driver looks cool but 200 bones and a month wait is a long time.

I'm considering the OC 44 equipped Java Boost but that runs 225 as does the incomprable Keeley Comp I want so much to try, I wish my Dyna Comp didn't buzz but the Analog man mod is 85 bucks+ shipping and then David Barber has this new Tone Press with the Blend knob to keep the comp from killing your attack while still giving a nice squeeze and its 130 so well I need to sell some pedals I guess.

Oh it's all so complicated. Maybe I'll just hire a live actor to yell the hindenburg part into the mike when I fuck up!

You should see my rig set up lately. Maybe my brain is getting smaller!

Here is the signal chain: Fingers, Electric guitar, cord, Fender Deluxe "65 .
    Once I get My "GCP original", I'll add : Cord, 1 watt Martone amp.
    I may add to that,,,,go go dancers. I think I might actually be going to Cuba soon. Everyone dances down there!. I'll take my new a-b-tuner box.
    You need a cool name for the new switcher. ( Maybe there already is one, I just missed it in the flurry of electronic talk!)
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Originally posted by El_Kabong

i'm making channel switching pedals. these three are testing the prototypes.

see this for some information.
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar/GRUMPY%20COCKATIEL%20PEDALS.pdf

if they work well, i may start selling them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by El_Kabong

Exhausted has started a switchbox company, And Pearlwax has started some interesting threads!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!