Options

holy shit. i shuld build my pedals in these!!!

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool but plastic is easily broken

I like these.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg16.htm
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    yeah, i'd probably burn the shit out of the them soldering in them too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    cool but plastic is easily broken

I like these.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg16.htm

expensive as all hell though.
  • Options
    ahh I didn't see the price. Dave Fox and Jaques just now started getting custom built enclosures.

The plastic would be cheap too.

What kind of Engineer are you?

Its all relative. I think if you looked at some overdrive circuit diagrams you could figure them out pretty easy. Check out the directdrive page at http://www.barberelectronics.com and see the mods you can do to it.

Also Keeley shows you how to build the SD-1 to TS-808 specs.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i'm an instrumentation and controls engineer. but i use the circuits, i don't design them. i trained as an industrial/chemical engineer.

i have to look at the shock ratings etc. for the plastic.

the overdrive circuits are the first ones i'll decipher for sure.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    expensive as all hell though.

1. Agree with Paco, plastic would break to easy.

2. Save money, give the person who wants a pedal the option to either suppy the item or have it added in the pricing.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    yeah, it's all just brainstorming. right now, the aluminum is the cheapest of the readily available options.

i have to decided whether i want to properly stencil the markings on or just hand write them as i am now too.

decisions decisions.

if this all goes ahead of course.
  • Options
    my dads a chemist but he majored in Biology. Its all pretty relative.

I'm mechanically oriented. I probably should have majored in engineering but I suck at math. Lifes a bitch huh.

My passion would be sound engineering.

You are starting small I guarentee once you get bored with switchers you'll start building other stuff. Think about it. Cars are incredibly complex machines yet at the same time they aren't that difficult to build.

I used to build those electronics sets from radio shack when I was little. It's about time for me to build a guitar.

Check out http://www.TS808.com Jaques has some cool boxes and stencils. I kind of dig the handwritten look of the marker.
  • Options
    My passion would be sound engineering.

mine too. if i had a do-over. i'd do sound.

but i'm happy where i am now and it affords me the money to pursue all this fun stuff.
  • Options
    yeah there ain't no money in sound so I'm learning as I go.

I majored in Communication because I write fairly well and I was delusional enough to think Sports Radio would be fun to get into. Yeah me and everybody else. Reporting got old. So I'm a corporate whore now but I still get to play with cool toys.

Maybe one day I will take out a loan buy a bar and make it the best place for people to come play, that's kind of my new dream. Build a great music bar with good enough acoustics and PA equip that we can record strait off the board and I get to be the FOH/monitor engineer.
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142

Think about it. Cars are incredibly complex machines yet at the same time they aren't that difficult to build.

I leave this board for one afternoon and you're building cars? Holy shit, I thought it was stomp boxes!

I'm in. I'll take the aluminum. My Subaru Outback is still under a tree about squashed in half!
    While you're building it, can you put in reverb, tremelo and have the accelerator pedal be a Wah?
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by rob
    I leave this board for one afternoon and you're building cars? Holy shit, I thought it was stomp boxes!

I'm in. I'll take the aluminum. My Subaru Outback is still under a tree about squashed in half!
    While you're building it, can you put in reverb, tremelo and have the accelerator pedal be a Wah?

Do you need it to bounce also?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Do you need it to bounce also?

The car, ,,,,no
    The tree,,,Yes, great option!
    I'll try and grow one of them next.

I'm off to take my crew out for well deserved beers and food.
    ( they're bouncing, I'm crawling! )
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!