*** MSG ,NY 2022 SETLIST THREAD ***

167891012»

Comments

• CHAD. FUCKING. SMITH!!!!

I've seen CHAD FUCKING SMITH walk on stage at a PJ Show, hand Stone a Guitar and Walk off and not be seen again. Stone had a WTF moment when he got his Guitar!
    😂 hilarious. Love the dude.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • MM70435 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My buddy said energy is definitely way down after Gigaton songs started.  Not surprised.  
    That is typically the case when they toured promoting a new album.  Even the Yield songs during the Yield tour of 98 were that way.
    Yep my thoughts exactly. Give it 5 years and folks will be crying for these songs.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    MM70435 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My buddy said energy is definitely way down after Gigaton songs started.  Not surprised.  
    That is typically the case when they toured promoting a new album.  Even the Yield songs during the Yield tour of 98 were that way.
    Exactly. People have a short memory sometimes :)  
  • JDjrJDjr Posts: 91
    Still on a high from an epic night at msg! 
    A lifer.
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    JojoRice said:

Unreal shots. Thanks for sharing. You must’ve scored a Mike pick, seemed like he was throwing out thousands in that area!
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    nicknyr15 said:
    vito said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Which one was crossed off?
    River Cross
    Thank god. 
    Lol
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,357
    nicknyr15 said:
    That was insane tonight. The energy was incredible. But I never need to see 7:00am or Purple rain again. Craziest Sonic Reducer I’ve ever seen. 
    Agree with both.  7 O’clock is great on the album, but a total crowd and vibe killer live
    It sucks on the album too. Totally killed the flow. But epic night, and an all timer. 

One of the best present tenses ever. 
    I can't speak to how it was last night, but "7 O'Clock" has been really powerful every time I've seen it (and I've seen it seven times).
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    BF25394 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    That was insane tonight. The energy was incredible. But I never need to see 7:00am or Purple rain again. Craziest Sonic Reducer I’ve ever seen. 
    Agree with both.  7 O’clock is great on the album, but a total crowd and vibe killer live
    It sucks on the album too. Totally killed the flow. But epic night, and an all timer. 

I can't speak to how it was last night, but "7 O'Clock" has been really powerful every time I've seen it (and I've seen it seven times).
    Time to retire the song lest this fan see it an eighth time!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,323
    BF25394 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

The performance itself was incredible actually. “Sounded” great. It’s a new song first of all, plus it’s mid tempo and too long. I’m sure one day in the future people might be begging for it. But as of now , it was such a momentum killer. Mass exodus when it started. Swap 7:00 for faithful, and purple rain for corduroy. Picking those because they were listed as “options” on the set 
  • People have to piss sometime...

I think it's a great song by the way. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    nicknyr15 said:
    BF25394 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

The performance itself was incredible actually. “Sounded” great. It’s a new song first of all, plus it’s mid tempo and too long. I’m sure one day in the future people might be begging for it. But as of now , it was such a momentum killer. Mass exodus when it started. Swap 7:00 for faithful, and purple rain for corduroy. Picking those because they were listed as “options” on the set 
    One of the reasons why I thought it was a live highlight is because of the way it builds and builds.  By the end of the song, it's at the top of its emotional crescendo.  Much to be done!

Maybe the band should play two nights in every city: a theater show for people who like the music from the whole span of the band's career, and an arena "hits" show for the larger group of people who don't have much use for anything the band has done since 1998.  Maybe for the theater show, you'd have to show proof of purchase of all of the post-Yield albums.  :)  (I actually have those receipts!)
    People have to piss sometime...

I think it's a great song by the way. 
    I piss before they go on, and then I'm pretty much good for the night, especially if they're only playing two hours-and-fifteen minutes.  Sadly, though, I'm approaching the age where more frequent bathroom trips are the norm but, when I get there, I think I will just slap on some Depends and keep rocking.
  • If you can’t hold it for the main encore you’ve got too much liquid in there.
  • PJNB said:
    URthekey said:

Hi neighbour!
    Thanks for this pic! I still can't believe I was in this spot at MSG after all these years and "road miles"! It was great to have you right behind me. Sorry if I blocked your view at all with all my jumping, but I'm so short hopefully I didn't. You can even tell my shirt is from Bridge- that one was 2001, the 1st  show just 5 weeks after 9/11.

What an opening sequence! Tears were streaming for Release. Then Garden, Come Back, Present Tense: magical! And later on Crown of Thorns- SO GOOD!
    I'm Open- a real treat.
    Early Porch and late Why Go, way to keep it fresh guys, cuz I always still want those!

I was really hoping for Footsteps, Sleight of Hand, and maaybe HTI, even though they had just been played at Apollo, since so few fans made it in to that, but a double *"Live in NY  Apollo/MSG" dvd * would take care of that. Hint Hint, Wink Wink!!

Would I have substituted a few songs here and there, sure. But it was a fantastic show and experience, including tasting Ed's wine that he sprayed on us, that graced my arms 😄

Band on fire, crowd on fire, unforgettable night. Thanks guys 

• PJNB said:

Why are your pics so much better than mine?? Ha! Great shot of Matt as a guitarman.