Epic Apollo= Epic MSG

WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
What are thoughts going into this amazing weekend for our favorite band! Live radio broadcast and then the most famous venue in the world, lol! 

Special songs? Curfew? Set list for Apollo acoustic mostly then electric encore? Any special guests around in NYC? So much anticipation! 

Comments

• AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    Bet we get a guest musician or two at MSG.
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 695
    My sense is Apollo will be a shorter festival type set since it is geared toward mainstream fans/ invited industry etc and is being livestreamed.  I will be watching the set unfolding tonight with an eye toward what is being saved for MSG. Tonight will get 5 or more Gigaton tracks and the typical tentpole songs plus one / maybe two rarities. MSG will get three Gigaton tracks and a setlist for the ages IMO. I have section 322 behind the stage for MSG.  I will be very close to the garden ceiling and feel very fortunate to have scored those seats.
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    It could be a long night at the Apollo if they choose.  Guns N’ Roses played over 3 hours. 

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Pearl Jam live = always epic
    www.cluthelee.com
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
    I think Canada shows are showcase for what’s in their tank. But, you know with them they always have a lil extra in the tank… So much media attention on Ed doing the Her Majesty tune. 2016 MSG Sting came out- fortunate to have been there. NYC always gets the soul and the vibe stirred up. Remember when NYC was THE place to be? Unfortunately that magical time started to decline heavily on 9/11. And like most New Yorkers who went through that… tomorrow is a day for us that is not normal. You can’t escape it. Many of us think it should be a day of mourning. To me, PJ shows are like church… so this is interesting. But no doubt a heavy hearted day. 
  • What time does this show  start?
  • WW187806 said:
    I think Canada shows are showcase for what’s in their tank. But, you know with them they always have a lil extra in the tank… So much media attention on Ed doing the Her Majesty tune. 2016 MSG Sting came out- fortunate to have been there. NYC always gets the soul and the vibe stirred up. Remember when NYC was THE place to be? Unfortunately that magical time started to decline heavily on 9/11. And like most New Yorkers who went through that… tomorrow is a day for us that is not normal. You can’t escape it. Many of us think it should be a day of mourning. To me, PJ shows are like church… so this is interesting. But no doubt a heavy hearted day. 
    Definitely. I already prepared my friend that's going with me that I'm probably going to cry through the whole show, for multiple reasons.
    Consensus among friends around here is Long Road/Release… add some Wasted Reprise and Avocado mixed with some time reading Vitalogy about the immortals, then realize there is No Code but to live in the Present Tense, Crazy Mary still exists…Evolution is real. So drop the Leash, the rest Eddie and his teammates can fill in! That’s what I’d “request” Ed says all the time in Not For You to call him, I’m calling you Ed! A humble teacher looking forward to the PJ church trip!! Section 211!! I won the lottery!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited September 2022
    We all need to honest given their age and the fact that we're living in a covid world: the days of the band performing more than 30 songs and three hours are done.

The band will probably play something similar to what we have seen recently: under 25 songs, some hits, some deep cuts, 2-5 omitted from the written setlist and everyone instantly says it was epic. 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    Def agree with realistic expectations. Love how they are changing things up. The bootlegs from West Coast sounded awesome. I was fortunate to see the Earthlings so Josh K is amazing addition. I’m also big believer in band liking what they are playing so they are in the groove. Though I’d be okay with just 3 or so new songs…. It’s been a while since we’ve had a formal gathering with PJ in NYC!
  • I’m heading towards the Apollo and should be there at 6pm in the hope that somehow I can find a ticket and have a once in a lifetime experience. 
    While for tomorrow I managed to score 102!
    So it’s going to be a one in a lifetime experience in any case 😊
    13/11/96 Milan - 16/06/14 Amsterdam - 25/11/15 Bogota - 29/05/17 EV Amsterdam - 21/03/18 Rio de Janeiro - 12/06/18 Amsterdam - 13/06/18 Amsterdam - 18/06/18 London - 24/06/18 Padova - 05/07/18 Berlin (AMAZING) - 08/08/18 Seattle - 10/08/18 Seattle (Spectacular) - 09/06/19 EV Amsterdam - 10/06/19 EV Amsterdam - 21/06/22 Berlin - 23/06/22 Zurich - 25/06/22 Imola - 25/07/22 Amsterdam - 11/09/22 New York
  • Anyone here have a hook up for tickets? In need to 2. You’d make my year!