Options

bad exhausted. bad bad exhausted.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
ordered a compressor.
i don't really know why.
bad bad exhausted.

i think i better start trying to find a gig to justify myself.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    which one? and its just more debt. Trust me, I'm this close to doing the same thing but I've got to pay this damn recorder off first. then it's open season.

The comp will make you not ever want to put down your tele.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    guess dude. found out the house was way out of range and said fuck it.
  • Options
    holy crap you got the keeley. Damn seductive little blue led.

Devil with a blue dress on. Now I really want to sell my dyna comp.

I thought about the Black Finger (EH tube compressor) but EH is traditonally known for their noisiness.

I expect a full review but I have to get my microvibe delay and reverb first. What do you think about the fender tube reverb tanks. Maybe overkill?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    if i had a really sweet amp with no reverb, i would buy the fender outboard verb. it's only twice the cost of the dano spring king and it's the real thing. mind you, it might still be really good. i don't know. the reviews are mixed. that extra $150 almost covers the microvibe.

edit: ok, maybe the spring king is true spring. i don't know.

as for the comp, i finished reading 70 reviews on HC and they were all 9s and 10s. and despite being $90US more than the maxon, i figured i'll give it a whirl.

this is what i'm shooting for:
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar/guitar%20signal%20path.gif
    the only changes might be muff out, SD-1 in at different times.

if i had to play live in a band situation, i'd just rent an extension cabinet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I picked up a Dyna-Comp a few years back, but never got used to a comp'ed guitar sound. However, I've used it in my bass rig ever since, and I'll never play without it (or some other comp) on my bass ever again. I have a standard Fender P-Bass, and that thing needs compression like I need air. Good luck with the Keeley...

That Fender 'Verb tank is the best reverb ever. Spring-tube circuit... damn nice verb. There isn't another unit even near that price worth buying. Assuming, of course, that you really want/need a great-sounding verb. Anyone ever hear a Holy Grail? I've always been curious...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    hey Keeley is the man. The guy will bend over backwards compared to most people. I know it's built right. He tests the heck out of them too before they leave the factory and he will make sure that it's right if it's not when you get it. Plus you get a 10$ or 5$ discount for life on other pedals. It'll be much cleaner than the maxon with no pumping like a dynacomp output should be solid. I promise dial it in right and you will be giddy and never will want to put the strat or tele down. I have no Idea how it will sound with P-90's but It should be great.
  • Options
    well, we'll know in like 6 weeks when it gets here. apparently, he's cut the wait time but i'll just assume the worst for now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    That Fender 'Verb tank is the best reverb ever. Spring-tube circuit... damn nice verb. There isn't another unit even near that price worth buying. Assuming, of course, that you really want/need a great-sounding verb. Anyone ever hear a Holy Grail? I've always been curious...

i've only heard sound clips on the websites so i can't really tell. the reviews range from people loving it to people just hating it.
  • Options
    they have them in stock at musictoyz.

It's only around 3 weeks. Quality takes time. I think that one and the Bicompressor dominate the studio scene. The keeley even more so in nashville because it's so similar to the Dynacomp.

You're next overdrive will be a blues driver. I really would like to take a chance on that Freak BD but 2 months is a long time to wait and it's 200 bucks. I think the safer bet would be the Java boost. I really don't need so many pedals I just want them.

I don't even have a band.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    That's ok, I just threw down a bid on a Novation synth, and I don't even play keys ;)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I always wanted to borrow a '63 Fender Reverb and use it in the studio for vocals and snare drum. It's just so lush. The best reverb other than the '63 that I've ever heard are the onboard 'verbs on Fender tube amps, anyways. I love the sound of the reverb on the Fender DeVille amps.

I really miss having reverb on my amp, now I kinda want to get a pedal reverb, just for a bit here and there. The Holy Grail goes for $99.99 on MF, that's in my price range.

I've been thinking of getting a Maxon Tubescreamer, putting it side-by-side with my TS-9, get some different tones. Use the TS-9 for mellower stuff, and the Maxon for grittier stuff. Put the two together for massive OD.

I still need to get an old Bassman head. I've been outbid in the last minute on the last two heads I bid on. One was super clean, too, a 50-watt model, and they outbid me by $5 before I could up my bid. I felt sick afterwards.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    from the sound samples i listened to, my absolute favourite is the blues driver phat mod. didn't like the java boost.

i knew musictoyz had the comp in stock but with keeley, the shipping's included. plus i wanted access to the discounts. i don't mind waiting.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    they have them in stock at musictoyz.

It's only around 3 weeks. Quality takes time. I think that one and the Bicompressor dominate the studio scene. The keeley even more so in nashville because it's so similar to the Dynacomp.

You're next overdrive will be a blues driver. I really would like to take a chance on that Freak BD but 2 months is a long time to wait and it's 200 bucks. I think the safer bet would be the Java boost. I really don't need so many pedals I just want them.

I don't even have a band.
  • Options
    do you think the BD could do a convincing fuzz?

I'm thinking of getting a BD and selling my Rat2 just for fun but the Rat is really kind of Big Muffish so maybe I'll just keep it too. When you find cool OD/Dist type pedals it's hard to part with them.
  • Options
    i think the BD can do the really high gain stuff, yes. but i know what you mean about the rat. i'll hold on to my muff for as long as i can keep it working.
  • Options
    the rat has that phat mode and mighty mouse. It does the higher gain muff fuzz type harmonic distortion well in conjunction with the direct drive.

I'm thinking a 69 fuzz would be perfect.
  • Options
    i went dizzy listening to sound samples this weekend. i like that 69 a lot too.

so many flavours. so little time.
  • Options
    the choral flange is my favorite flanger.

but too much money.

69 I could find on Ebay for 120 or a store down the street sells them. I figure if Eric Johnson likes them I should too.
  • Options
    we need therapy.
  • Options
    It all comes out in Therapy.