MSG song request for PJs littlest fan.. please play Thin Air

jenjen5769jenjen5769 Posts: 108
edited September 2022 in The Porch
MSG is my bucket list show; I was pretty damn psyched when I got that email with tickets. And then found out our daughter was due with her first baby on 9/17. 

How insane is that?! Grandkids already. I've been a solid PJ fan since I was 16 years old in 1991. It's hard to believe that PJ has been a part of my life for 31 years; their songs have taken me through the ups and downs of my life.. from teenage years into college, marriage, children, divorce, re-marriage and now a grandchild. It blows my mind honestly. No other band has been there for me like Pearl Jam. 

My now-husband and I first met in 1994; Vs was the soundtrack to our summer of love. We had one of those intense, college angst type of relationships and surprise, got pregnant. We were young and immature and couldn't handle it. so we split. We both married other people, had children, and then eventually both divorced. We led parallel lives over the years and always had a fondness for each other, but thought our time had passed. But love finds a way. We took our daughter to a college tour in 2013 and one weekend was all it took to reconnect. We married in 2019 on a mountaintop in Pennsylvania. All of our wedding music and first dance were EV/PJ songs. Our daughter gave me away as I married her father. 
And now our little girl is now having her own little girl. We didn't get to experience raising our daughter together, but now we get to do it with our granddaughter. We have truly come full circle. Love is a beautiful thing and the journey it takes you on is so unpredictable and just amazing. 

I am hoping that our granddaughter stays put until at least Monday so we can experience my bucket list show together. I'll be on pins and needles all day Sunday, hoping to get to MSG, but ready to bolt to Pittsburgh if baby decides to arrive. Whether we make it to MSG or not, I'm requesting "Thin Air" for us, our daughter and PJ's soon-to-be newest fan, Ella Reese. We've already gotten her her first merch and can't wait to take her to her first show someday. 

Thanks PJ for being there for 31 years & hope to see you all Sunday! 

Jen & Mike 

Post edited by jenjen5769 on

Comments