Options

ok, some shit's going up for sale.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
***danelectro dan-echo delay $40US
- fabulous custom eyore sticker (paint's messed up underneath)
-works perfectly

***danelectro fab-tone distortion $30US
- fabulous winnie the pooh, tigger and piglet stickers (paint's gibbled underneath)
- works perfectly

***boss LS-2 line selector $60US
- pretty much mint

shipping would depend on where it's going to. anywhere other than canada/US seems to be brutally expensive.

edit: i'm keeping the DOD analog echo. i'm going to open it up and try a few modifications to increase the delay time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I might want one of them Echos.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    the dan-echo is digital but has a high cut to get a more analog thing going and sounds pretty good. won't self-oscillate though. has a toggle to switch between short and long delay ranges.

the DOD is a super short delay time but is full analog and will self-oscillate. again, has a high cut feature. delay time is 200ms max but you can change the resistor across the delay pot to increase this to closer to the DM-3 range of 300ms or so. you can also use a higher voltage power supply (~13V) to improve the sound apparently.

i'm sure there are sound samples floating around somewhere.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Not to undercut you exhausted, but:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=Ibanez+DM

I use an Ibanez DM1100, and it is super-easy, very adjustable and versatile, and sounds great. Not analog, but you can get a lot of Edge-y delays with this thing. The variation in delay time and feedback gives you so many options. And it's footswitchable, all you need is a simple on/off switch with a 1/4" jack. The Modulation section can do some pretty funky stuff, too.

Still, if you want a portable foot pedal... those Dan-Echos sound pretty good.

Too bad you aren't selling an envelope filter. I'd like to pick one of those up cheap.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Oh, and I'll jump on this thread with my offer:

***Dunlop Cry Baby Wah-Wah $50US
    - standard unit, typical wah
    - has been used, but is working fine

Plus shipping (at cost)
  • Options
    i had an envelope filter (FX25) but it died a while back. which is ok since it sucked a massive tool.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i had an envelope filter (FX25) but it died a while back. which is ok since it sucked a massive tool.

That's okay, I've heard the FX25 was a piece of shite. I'd like to try one of the Electro Harmonix units, but they're doggamned expensive.
  • Options
    it was crap. it died b/c a diode in it exploded. not that i cared. i got it for almost nothing 5 years ago. i could have fixed it but i don't like the effect much anyway.
  • Options
    I think I just want a new toy to dick around with. I'm also tentatively in the market for a good reverb pedal... BUT, gotta save for the Keeley Tubescreamers first.
  • Options
    envelope filters get boring fast.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Wah's are the same thing and more fun.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Okay, okay, so we don't like envelope filters here. I get the point. At least it's more fun than an auto-wah.
  • Options
    dan_alivedan_alive Posts: 123
    what would it cost to ship it to Australia? the Dan-FTdistortion
    my interest has been piqued but not sure yet
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by dan_alive
    what would it cost to ship it to Australia? the Dan-FTdistortion
    my interest has been piqued but not sure yet

i'll try to figure that out tomorrow morning and get back to you.
  • Options
    dan_alivedan_alive Posts: 123
    thanks mate
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • Options
    i just looked it up. it's heinously expensive. like almost double the cost of the actual pedal.

sorry man. you can probably find a new one for less in a shop there. :(