F—K CANCER. MSG REQUEST

Just a follow up post to my recent post requesting COME BACK or LIGHT YEARS in memory of my dad (earlier this year) and of course those who perished on September 11. I think this will be show number 30 or somewhere about that for me.

My biggest regret to date? Missing them at their appearance in Yonkers, New York at Tower Records following the release of Ten when I lived 10 minutes away but was too overwhelmed with work at the time to even realize the opportunity missed. 

Quick story, please allow me. I met Ed briefly at a charity event for EB. I got to talk to him for a few minutes and I was so interested in the foundation and what they were doing and he was more interested in knowing what I did. (I am a physician).

Well what I’ve been doing lately is fighting an awful disease and suffering like so many millions have.

I will be at MSG and Camden, and although my wish, as always, was general admission, it was not to be and maybe meant to be. I will be sitting for this one and standing probably more than I should, and yelling probably more than I should. 

At MSG I will be near the mixing board in sec 2, hopefully get to chat with Karrie at the sound board ( and basically half-closing my eyes to not glimpse at the Setlist). Sadly I don’t think the picks will fly far enough to reach me back there. People think I am nuts to go considering my recent surgeries, but they also think I was stupid going back to work so soon. Why be in pain at home if you can be miserable elsewhere and achieve something rewarding, albeit selfish at the same time? Exactly. So unless something turns in the next 36 hours, I will be at the world’s greatest arena, seeing our favorite boys.

if the weather is not too hot, I will probably be rocking my New York islanders hockey fights cancer jersey, in memory of my all-time favorite New York Islander, Mike Bossy,
who died earlier this year. I know, wearing it in hallowed Ranger grounds may be considered blasphemous, and at a concert no less may be weird. But f—k cancer and
f—k the Rangers. And truth be told, I don’t really hate the Rangers I just dislike them very much.

So if you are nearby, reach out on fb, come say hi, let’s trade Pearl Jam and life stories, and hopefully the band will grant my request.

Peace, Love, Strength, PJ

Hugh Sauer
if nothing is everything......