*** TORONTO ,CA 2022 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365

Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,596
    edited September 2022
    Good sub w/Light Years, losing Leash sucks... wonder what the rush was?
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    BW39451 said:
    If you count Ed talking as a song then we got like 28. There was good energy in the arena, but definitely a weird ending. 
    Also - Why did Mike put a mask on and then half on half off during the last song? 
    He ran across the front of the rail.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Go Animal said:
    Any show i've attended in Toronto has always carried a pretty strict noise curfew, so perhaps that's part of it. I feel like that's the case in most cities, but I don't understand it when the show's indoors and not in a club below peoples' apartments. Hell, Buffalo, NY has a 4 AM last call at the bars. And to be honest, PJ did famously seriously break curfew for Buffalo 2003.
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Go Animal said:
    Any show i've attended in Toronto has always carried a pretty strict noise curfew, so perhaps that's part of it. I feel like that's the case in most cities, but I don't understand it when the show's indoors and not in a club below peoples' apartments. Hell, Buffalo, NY has a 4 AM last call at the bars. And to be honest, PJ did famously seriously break curfew for Buffalo 2003.
    That Buffalo 2003 show remains my fav of the 15 (so far…) I’ve seen.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Red Lukin said:
    Great show but pretty sure they scratched Leash and played Alive. Or just scratched Leash altogether.

Seemed like only Ed got the memo as most of the band played it for quite a while. Took Ed like 10 seconds or so to get everyone to stop.

Huge sigh from the crowd as Ed continued to stop but either way wicked show!
    Ya Stone had the wrong guitar, but seemed to want no part of playing Leash, playing the intro to Alive while the rest of the guys tried to keep Leash going. Great show, but that hurt. 
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Go Animal said:
    Here’s an idea…the band has played in Toronto enough times to know there is a strict curfew, so they should do everything in their power get on stage at 8:56 instead of 9:06.  A shame that fans lose out on 2 songs.  I think a 9:06 start time is about the latest of the tour. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    e360727 said:
    Go Animal said:
    Here’s an idea…the band has played in Toronto enough times to know there is a strict curfew, so they should do everything in their power get on stage at 8:56 instead of 9:06.  A shame that fans lose out on 2 songs.  I think a 9:06 start time is about the latest of the tour. 

I don’t get it. Curfew should be mentioned to the band when they arrive at the venue.  Can’t believe security would wave off a song that can be done easily in four minutes. How petty.

For years they started well before 9. Not sure what that’s impossible now. Sorry fans missed leash and YL. But RVM!
  • Come Back
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    21.LEASH (FALSE START STOP AFTER 5 SECONDS 21.ALIVE
    I was so hoping for Leash to complete Vs for me. Does 5 seconds count?
  • CG658530CG658530 Posts: 187
    edited September 2022
    nevmiles said:
    19.LAST KISS TO THE BACK 
    Suckers!  That song is terrible. :)
    ninjadave said:
    19.LAST KISS TO THE BACK 
    and just like that, it all comes crashing down. lol
    Rush is the King of the North. More consistent than The Hip, i love the Hip too but seriously.....?

vito said:
    21.LEASH
    Ok, redemption for Last Kiss...great show, end it right. What am I thinking the boys are in TO, RITFW is definitely getting played for NY.

My partner was at her, like, 9th or 10th show and hadn't seen it yet. It's one of her favorite songs PJ does—and one of mine too. We were hyped to see it, even though we''ve had opposite luck and I've seen it at a decent number of my shows. Glad you weren't there.

Post edited by CG658530 on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Incredible show. A nice end to my three show Canada run. Two left for me. It’s going by much too fast. 

• Is it me or are the set lists shorter than they were in 2016?

• e360727 said:
    Go Animal said:
    Yeah I don’t understand the rushed endings. It happened a few times now in 21 and 22. No reason to come on past 9 and then rush the end of the show. There’s no harm in coming on at 830-840 and if you as a band are done with your set at 1030-1040 ok. 
  • e360727 said:
    Go Animal said:
    Yeah I don’t understand the rushed endings. It happened a few times now in 21 and 22. No reason to come on past 9 and then rush the end of the show. There’s no harm in coming on at 830-840 and if you as a band are done with your set at 1030-1040 ok. 
    I think if they played 23 songs and ended at 10:40 people would complain. Hey, we got 20 more minutes until curfew play a few more songs. I do agree with you though. They should get on earlier if they are going to have to cut stuff. I would have been mighty disappointed with that encore. Scratch leash and Ledbetter but play RITFW? Gross.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    This forum is going to go crazy when MSG is 23 songs, and the rarest songs of the night are Animal, Release and Black, Red and Yellow

I don’t understand why so many people are still holding onto this idea that MSG is going to be “special”.  I’ll be there too, so I’m not hating on the show, but the band has shown not one sign than any one show will differ much from what we have seen in 2022.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    e360727 said:
    Go Animal said:
    I think if they played 23 songs and ended at 10:40 people would complain. Hey, we got 20 more minutes until curfew play a few more songs. I do agree with you though. They should get on earlier if they are going to have to cut stuff. I would have been mighty disappointed with that encore. Scratch leash and Ledbetter but play RITFW? Gross.
    Ridiculous to scratch two songs and play RITFW instead. They could have played both leash and YLB instead of RITFW. Weird decision 
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    I never really understood curfew. Is it a legal thing, or is it the arena staff thing? I've seen shows in Toronto where they made a big deal that they wanted to play longer but were getting kicked off the stage at 11. Then the very next night at the same venue (different band) played til 11:30.

Sports will go unexpectedly longer (extra innings, overtime) and you don't hear about games breaking curfew.

• 16. RVM

Finally!!
  • WonderMikeWonderMike Salem, Mass. Posts: 22
    Did anyone else pick up on Ed tagging "Daughter" with Gord Downie's "Safe is Dead?" I just listened on youtube and it's definitely there.
    My name's actually Nick. Some PJ writing.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Did anyone else pick up on Ed tagging "Daughter" with Gord Downie's "Safe is Dead?" I just listened on youtube and it's definitely there.
    just watched. that's awesome. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2022
    Main set looks awesome!  Encore…eh…not so much. If they had played all three scratches (Unthought, Leash, YL) this would be so great on paper. 

Last kiss and Jeremy back to back 🙄
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • Totally with you on the 7 min rocking In the free world. Cut that and play leash and ylb instead 
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,842
    edited September 2022
    biz999 said:
    I never really understood curfew. Is it a legal thing, or is it the arena staff thing? I've seen shows in Toronto where they made a big deal that they wanted to play longer but were getting kicked off the stage at 11. Then the very next night at the same venue (different band) played til 11:30.

Sports will go unexpectedly longer (extra innings, overtime) and you don't hear about games breaking curfew.

I initially thought maybe it has to do with the local crew working. There are unions and maybe it’s a union thing. You make a good point with sports but sports can’t help it sometimes and maybe the union signs off that they understand a sporting event may go long. A union could argue that there is no reason for a concert to run late. Again, I’m just speculating 
  • I did see Mike’s tech go to hand him the Strat for YL after RITFW but I think I saw Mike wave it off for whatever reason (maybe it goes to the Leash/Alive mixup?).

I would have liked to see the scratched songs but not knowing about the scratches I walked out of the arena one helluva happy fan!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • This forum is going to go crazy when MSG is 23 songs, and the rarest songs of the night are Animal, Release and Black, Red and Yellow

I don’t understand why so many people are still holding onto this idea that MSG is going to be “special”.  I’ll be there too, so I’m not hating on the show, but the band has shown not one sign than any one show will differ much from what we have seen in 2022.
     rats and breath too
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • best moment from last night 

https://youtu.be/CEnjj-YI9Qc
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • This forum is going to go crazy when MSG is 23 songs, and the rarest songs of the night are Animal, Release and Black, Red and Yellow

Don't forget the shaking stage during Corduroy 

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,243
    best moment from last night 

https://youtu.be/CEnjj-YI9Qc
    So cool!  Would love this combo in Nashville or STL. 
  • vitodacat said:
    This forum is going to go crazy when MSG is 23 songs, and the rarest songs of the night are Animal, Release and Black, Red and Yellow

Don't forget the shaking stage during Corduroy 
    I always thought the stage was shaking during Do the evolution in 2003? I was at the show and that’s what I remember. I could definitely be wrong.