New GA policy for MSG

Check your email GA ticket holders…
No overnight line, wristband distribution starts 9am.

Comments

• Alright people who have pit tickets, this guy on twitter said he has a pit ticket for sale. Sent me a screenshot of his “Ticketmaster order”. I haven’t sent him shit yet but wanted to get your opinions.  Did you receive the same email he did when you ordered tickets or is his fake?
  • I’m guessing fake cause wouldn’t it say GA
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited September 2022
    Alright people who have pit tickets, this guy on twitter said he has a pit ticket for sale. Sent me a screenshot of his “Ticketmaster order”. I haven’t sent him shit yet but wanted to get your opinions.  Did you receive the same email he did when you ordered tickets or is his fake?
    Tell them to give you a screenshot of their mobile ticket. There is now a countdown and should show that as well. 

That said 99% fake imo
  • PJNB said:
    Alright people who have pit tickets, this guy on twitter said he has a pit ticket for sale. Sent me a screenshot of his “Ticketmaster order”. I haven’t sent him shit yet but wanted to get your opinions.  Did you receive the same email he did when you ordered tickets or is his fake?
    Tell them to give you a screenshot of their mobile ticket. There is now a countdown and should show that as well. 

That said 99% fake imo
    Yeah I figured. Just wanted to make sure 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688

I only have reserved for MSG, but I looked at several of my tickets for other shows and non-PJ shows as well. They all say You Got the Tickets across the top, but my name is not on any of them. Also, the link you click where you view mobile tickets is longer in length than this one in all the ones I looked at past and present. It goes across the entire screen. I would take the advice above and ask for a screenshot.
  • Yeah I did. He didn’t provide so i said “fuck you have a nice day” and then blocked him
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,983
    I like the wristband thing. So once I get wristband I won't have to hang around and defend my spot all day. I'm out anyway, but will be interesting how it plays out. I'd still think people will be camped out, even if it's across the street.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Loujoe said:
    I like the wristband thing. So once I get wristband I won't have to hang around and defend my spot all day. I'm out anyway, but will be interesting how it plays out. I'd still think people will be camped out, even if it's across the street.
    I’m sureThere will be a line formed somewhere for people to get their numbered spot in line. A line for the line. But then you can leave, which is nice. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,128
    edited September 2022
    Ok so this is only for “priority entry” right? Get there by 9am, first come first serve numerical wristbands, once they run out then it’s a separate line after 5?Little confused.

edit: and then how many numerical wristbands are available? 100? 500? Get there at 9am to get shut out of numerical wristbands 😂
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    I like the idea of the wristbands but kinda feel it’s a little like getting airlifted to the top of Mt. Everest…all the glory and none of the grunt work.
    A big part of the fun of the GA line was making new friends and seeing old ones, I guess the party has got to move elsewhere?!?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,933
    There’s a huge amount of construction around the outside of MSG.  It’s like an obstacle course for pedestrians around that area so they’re probably just trying to keep it organized.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Ok so this is only for “priority entry” right? Get there by 9am, first come first serve numerical wristbands, once they run out then it’s a separate line after 5?Little confused.

edit: and then how many numerical wristbands are available? 100? 500? Get there at 9am to get shut out of numerical wristbands 😂

Yes this is just for priority entry. For the current run of Harry Styles shows at MSG they’ve given out 1,000 (source: my teenage daughter), but PJ is only using a 1/2 floor GA so that number could be lower for them. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • on2legs said:
    There’s a huge amount of construction around the outside of MSG.  It’s like an obstacle course for pedestrians around that area so they’re probably just trying to keep it organized.  
    Yeah it’s been miserable for over 18 months now. Good call
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,205
    I've got GA for MSG.  I might just go ahead and write number 3 on my hand with a sharpie.  B)
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Loujoe said:
    If people camp they have no priority over the folks that show up at 9am. Those are the rules. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • I don't get it. So there are "X" amount of tickets allotted for GA correct? What is the wristband thing all about? So if I have GA and plan to get there later in the day, not getting a wristband reduces my chances of getting a decent spot up close? I think this whole thing may be a response to the Harry Styles thing going on at MSG as well. With the construction going on there, its a mess and apparently hundreds of people slept overnight for those Harry Styles MSG shows the past few weeks, so maybe this is a response to that? 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    This sounds like a well-intentioned idea that will almost certainly turn into a shit show Sunday morning. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    JimmyV said:
    This sounds like a well-intentioned idea that will almost certainly turn into a shit show Sunday morning. 

• Got an email for the msg show this Sunday saying where the merch stand will be too. 

Says:

Pearl Jam merchandise will be available for purchase before the show starting at 1pm on September 11. The merch stand entrance is located on 7th Avenue between 31st Street and 33rd Street. You do not need a ticket to enter this area before 5pm.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    i was able to get 2 GA's this week....PJ fans are truly the greatest, will be my 1st MSG PJ GA @ MSG, ive seen all but 1 show of theirs @ msg....beyond stocked. Takes the sting out of most likely not going to Apollo.....I planned to drive in around noon, watch football then go in around 6....this may change things
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    I don't get it. So there are "X" amount of tickets allotted for GA correct? What is the wristband thing all about? So if I have GA and plan to get there later in the day, not getting a wristband reduces my chances of getting a decent spot up close? I think this whole thing may be a response to the Harry Styles thing going on at MSG as well. With the construction going on there, its a mess and apparently hundreds of people slept overnight for those Harry Styles MSG shows the past few weeks, so maybe this is a response to that? 
    Not getting a wristband gives those with wristbands even more reason to complain when people squeeze their way in front of them on the floor. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    JimmyV said:
    It’s unfortunate a lottery can’t be run to determine the first number to line up.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    It’s unfortunate a lottery can’t be run to determine the first number to line up.
    So doable.  There's better ways to handle the GA in future tours.  Doubt it changes but would be nice.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • hihobibo said:
    I don't get it. So there are "X" amount of tickets allotted for GA correct? What is the wristband thing all about? So if I have GA and plan to get there later in the day, not getting a wristband reduces my chances of getting a decent spot up close? I think this whole thing may be a response to the Harry Styles thing going on at MSG as well. With the construction going on there, its a mess and apparently hundreds of people slept overnight for those Harry Styles MSG shows the past few weeks, so maybe this is a response to that? 
    Not getting a wristband gives those with wristbands even more reason to complain when people squeeze their way in front of them on the floor. 
    And basically because I have a GA ticket, have prior commitments with family and kids throughout the morning and day which prevent me from going to MSG to get a wristband at 9am day of the show and then coming back to NYC for the actual show, I will be stuck at the back of the floor at MSG?

I honestly think this policy was enacted strictly to control crowds overnight on the premises of MSG in NYC which again, due to construction and just an overall decline of the state of order in NYC, has become a less desirable place for visiting. 
  • It’s strange to me that for years there has been a simple solution presented,  and implemented by other bands, that does not apply to PJ shows; shows which are historically attended by Evenbros, meatballs, Karen’s, et al. Solution: like Springsteen,  random number generated for first in line. Done. Simple
  • nycmalenycmale Posts: 250
    edited September 2022

• nycmalenycmale Posts: 250
    It’s strange to me that for years there has been a simple solution presented,  and implemented by other bands, that does not apply to PJ shows; shows which are historically attended by Evenbros, meatballs, Karen’s, et al. Solution: like Springsteen,  random number generated for first in line. Done. Simple
    So Simple and everyone can enjoy the day and do whatever they like
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    It’s strange to me that for years there has been a simple solution presented,  and implemented by other bands, that does not apply to PJ shows; shows which are historically attended by Evenbros, meatballs, Karen’s, et al. Solution: like Springsteen,  random number generated for first in line. Done. Simple

the way it should be

• NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    nycmale said:
    Yes!  The average age of an attendee is probably 45+ now.  I know (I think) they are safety focused (see covid cancellations), so this is best path to that as well.  Can you imagine if someone camped out in GA line overnight was harmed by an urban outdoorsman?  Unlikely, but there's some crazy shit going down on the streets of our larger cities.  They did away with floor seats/seniority seating to let some new folks get up close and bring in new 10 Club Membership revenue...understood, but now time to upgrade the GA policy for safety and to allow for folks to take in these cities they are spending huge money to travel to for the concert.  You want rail I know, I would love to have my low TC # floor seating back...compromise is improving the GA day of show line system.  
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Noload said:
    nycmale said:
    Yes!  The average age of an attendee is probably 45+ now.  I know (I think) they are safety focused (see covid cancellations), so this is best path to that as well.  Can you imagine if someone camped out in GA line overnight was harmed by an urban outdoorsman?  Unlikely, but there's some crazy shit going down on the streets of our larger cities.  They did away with floor seats/seniority seating to let some new folks get up close and bring in new 10 Club Membership revenue...understood, but now time to upgrade the GA policy for safety and to allow for folks to take in these cities they are spending huge money to travel to for the concert.  You want rail I know, I would love to have my low TC # floor seating back...compromise is improving the GA day of show line system.  
    Well said bud.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......