Little kid in the Sheraton lobby after Hamilton.

As my girlfriend and I were sitting waiting for the elevator line to clear out, we grabbed a seat in the lobby. The little kid sitting across from us asked if we were pearl jam fans and if we were at the show. After answering yes to both he gets a big grin on his face and proudly shows us the five guitar picks he caught in front of Mike, and that this was his first concert ever. I tell him how awesome that is and he takes off to join his mom in the line and head to their room. Can't help but think how every concert that kid goes to for the rest of his life will not measure up to two hours of Mike rocking out passing out souvenirs. Just awesome.

Comments

• As my girlfriend and I were sitting waiting for the elevator line to clear out, we grabbed a seat in the lobby. The little kid sitting across from us asked if we were pearl jam fans and if we were at the show. After answering yes to both he gets a big grin on his face and proudly shows us the five guitar picks he caught in front of Mike, and that this was his first concert ever. I tell him how awesome that is and he takes off to join his mom in the line and head to their room. Can't help but think how every concert that kid goes to for the rest of his life will not measure up to two hours of Mike rocking out passing out souvenirs. Just awesome.
    What no tambourine?  Pffffft!
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,936
    edited September 2022
    As my girlfriend and I were sitting waiting for the elevator line to clear out, we grabbed a seat in the lobby. The little kid sitting across from us asked if we were pearl jam fans and if we were at the show. After answering yes to both he gets a big grin on his face and proudly shows us the five guitar picks he caught in front of Mike, and that this was his first concert ever. I tell him how awesome that is and he takes off to join his mom in the line and head to their room. Can't help but think how every concert that kid goes to for the rest of his life will not measure up to two hours of Mike rocking out passing out souvenirs. Just awesome.
    Pick hog! ;)
    Good for him. I mean, that's a hell of a band for your first concert.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • As my girlfriend and I were sitting waiting for the elevator line to clear out, we grabbed a seat in the lobby. The little kid sitting across from us asked if we were pearl jam fans and if we were at the show. After answering yes to both he gets a big grin on his face and proudly shows us the five guitar picks he caught in front of Mike, and that this was his first concert ever. I tell him how awesome that is and he takes off to join his mom in the line and head to their room. Can't help but think how every concert that kid goes to for the rest of his life will not measure up to two hours of Mike rocking out passing out souvenirs. Just awesome.
    What no tambourine?  Pffffft!
    Lol!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,983
    Nice. Hope he remains addicted. I know an 8yr old who's first show was telluride 2016? Got rail, had ev hand him a kapow pick in the pit while mm was wailing out a pink floyd solo. He also scored two mikes. Now and could care less about PJ!  I think he treasures that memory a bit. Who knows. Sorry pj :/