Options

*** HAMILTON ,CA 2022 SETLIST THREAD ***

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,945
    nicknyr15 said:
    Curious if every touring band is forced to follow the same protocols. I just don’t see many cancellations happening anymore, unless I’m missing them. 
    I'm wondering if the protocol has changed. Most people anymore (especially those that have been vaccinated) don't have many symptoms with Covid. Seems silly to cancel a show when you feel like you have a cold.
    I agree. No way to know I guess 
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 279
    great setlist!! Love seeing Yellow Moon in the seated opening. 
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,581
    One hell of a show. 

The one thing I wonder is, “when was the last time Corduroy or Even Flow weren’t played at a show?” 

I know Corduroy was in there, but it appears to have been a last minute add. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    vito said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Frankfurt had no cover unless you want to count a ten seconds intro into corduroy (interstellar overdrive)
    Sorry, girl it's listed in the setlist so it counts as a cover🤣...I know it's 20-30 seconds of an intro but, I've never understood the need for it to lead into Corduroy anyways...For a band that has such a great catalog it never made sense to me why they feel the need to play so many covers? Once in awhile is ok but, it's every show and most of the time it's at least 2-4, why?? It's time to stop, play PJ songs. No one gives a damn about hearing PJ's version of someone else's great songs. Now tags are completely different for instance the first time I heard them tag It's OK it was spine-tingling! Sorry for the rant...Hope all is well in Germany 😎
    Talking of which, when was the last time we had It’s OK? Feels like it’s been ages…
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,945
    vito said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Frankfurt had no cover unless you want to count a ten seconds intro into corduroy (interstellar overdrive)
    Sorry, girl it's listed in the setlist so it counts as a cover🤣...I know it's 20-30 seconds of an intro but, I've never understood the need for it to lead into Corduroy anyways...For a band that has such a great catalog it never made sense to me why they feel the need to play so many covers? Once in awhile is ok but, it's every show and most of the time it's at least 2-4, why?? It's time to stop, play PJ songs. No one gives a damn about hearing PJ's version of someone else's great songs. Now tags are completely different for instance the first time I heard them tag It's OK it was spine-tingling! Sorry for the rant...Hope all is well in Germany 😎
    Talking of which, when was the last time we had It’s OK? Feels like it’s been ages…
    Saving it for msg 😎
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,552
    I've not read every page of this thread but Ed moving around okay? Whatever ankle/leg/back thing that cropped up last show seem fine?
    I did notice a slight limp at one point when he was walking toward one side of the stage to fire up the crowd but I wouldn't say it noticeably affected the performance 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,271
    nicknyr15 said:
    Curious if every touring band is forced to follow the same protocols. I just don’t see many cancellations happening anymore, unless I’m missing them. 
    I'm wondering if the protocol has changed. Most people anymore (especially those that have been vaccinated) don't have many symptoms with Covid. Seems silly to cancel a show when you feel like you have a cold.

Hanging out a friends house two weeks ago for six/seven hours, one person, vax and boosted,tested positive two days later, got an absolutely nasty case of Covid, ten days of full blown symptoms. no one else there got it. Seems unusual but it’s still out there and can be bad.
  • Options
    Great setlist. Not enough covers though. This band really has to start listening to their fans.
  • Options
    How did Do The Evolution sound when Stone sang his part? Did he even sing it? The show was just as long as the others so far but it felt longer because they were able to play at least 2 songs in even flows place (maybe 3 since Im Open is so short).

Not to drum up the stupid set list length conversation again. I was looking up the Columbus ohio show from 2000 as I thought they didnt play Even Flow or Corduroy at that show (just corduroy played by the way). They played 28 songs that night. 3 more than last night. That summer Binaural tour was 2 hours every show. So there is definitely more at play than just protecting Ed's voice. Newer songs have gotten longer, Ed talks a lot more, they jam more. Who knows.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    Gibson said:
    One hell of a show. 

The one thing I wonder is, “when was the last time Corduroy or Even Flow weren’t played at a show?” 

I like the idea of Even Flow never being on the setlist and being scratched in whenever it seems like the crowd needs a jolt of energy.

Corduroy should be played at every Pearl Jam show. It's their best song that everyone knows. Probably their best song period.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,214
    AlaG said:
    Gibson said:
    One hell of a show. 

I like the idea of Even Flow never being on the setlist and being scratched in whenever it seems like the crowd needs a jolt of energy.

Corduroy should be played at every Pearl Jam show. It's their best song that everyone knows. Probably their best song period.
    Love it...that's the song that keyed me into PJ. I bought Vitalogy after hearing that....never owned Vs or Ten until years later.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ninjadaveninjadave Jtown PA Posts: 131
    Ed talks WAY too much but it helps them get a breather, so i understand it. he never talked that much back then. 
    I would take Corduroy over Even Flow any day.....
    i had tickets to this show and sold them when they changed the date and my wife took new job. Ottawa was great but I would have enjoyed this one slightly more I think.....
    rock on. hope Camden is one for the ages.....
    ~ ninjadave ~
    2003 - State College 5/3
    2006 - Cleveland 5/20 and Pittsburgh 6/23
    2008 - Washington DC 6/22
    2009 - Philly Spectrum 10/28, 10/30 and 10/31
    2010 - Columbus 5/6 and Cleveland 5/9
    2011 - Philly [EV] 6/25 and PJ20 9/3-4
    2013 - Pittsburgh 10/11, Buffalo 10/12, Philly 10/21-22 and Baltimore 10/27
    2014 - Detroit 10/16
    2016 - Philly 4/28-29 and Philly [TotD] 11/5
    2022 - Ottawa 9/3 and Camden 9/14
    2024 - MSG 9/3, Philly 9/7-9 and Baltimore 9/12
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    edited September 2022

Gibson said:
    One hell of a show. 

Similarly, I'm trying to remember the last time no covers were played at a PJ show. Also, it was crazy to hear Daughter with no tag. Sort of felt like I'm Open was the tag.
    Post edited by AfghanTwilight on