4th enjoy the show  from the front row
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    First....get a Sharpie 
    2nd write the number 1 on your right hand 
    3rd show up at 6 pm
    4th enjoy the show  from the front row
    I thought it was left hand. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    The venue actually did numbered wristbands in Ottawa. You got one when you showed up. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    GlowGirl said:
    The venue actually did numbered wristbands in Ottawa. You got one when you showed up. 
    Still surprised management allowed it unless they’ve altered their policy going forward.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Still surprised management allowed it unless they’ve altered their policy going forward.
    It seemed to go ok. I know there were a few bumps in the process with some people near the front, but I thought it went pretty orderly. But I don't have other GA shows to compare it to :)

• E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 234
    Yeah there were three numbers that didn’t really exist cuz people were trying to run game. The subterfuge didn’t last. Most of us can count. 
    edited September 2022
    E-G-A-G said:
    Yeah there were three numbers that didn’t really exist cuz people were trying to run game. The subterfuge didn’t last. Most of us can count. 
    That's right. We all moved up three spots. Also, I didn't see it, but someone told me that this guy a few spots ahead of him had written the number 45.5 on his wristband. Like the venue people wouldn't notice that.
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    What the fuck people. Makes me wonder what else people like that do in their lives. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I know. It is crazy.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,983
    I put my time in in 2012 (prior to the no number 10c rule) and was 1. Still had to argue with some line jumpers. Another time delt with straight up politics and liers. Not very rock and roll.  Honestly stressful. Most people are cool. It's just a handful that can ruin the vibe if you let it.
    Have fun if you go.