Toronto Show - Question/Suggestions

I'm a newbie posting in here.  I hope I'm doing this right and posting in the appropriate area lol.  Ok so I have a situation...When I purchased my tickets a couple years ago my health was better than it is now.  I just had surgery (like just!) and now require assistance to get around.  Aka Wheelchair/Walker.  It dawned on me this evening that my situation is likely going to pose a problem and I'm praying to the rock Gods for some healing vibes and a solution lol!  I'm really going to be devastated if I can't attend this show as I already had to miss a PJ show in the past due to my health!  My question is...Does anyone know if there is room for a walker or wheelchair to be left above somewhere?  I doubt seats can be exchanged at this point...   Yes it will be a challenge to get to my seat but if my device can be left somewhere safely I'm sure my husband and daughter could assist me.  I will call Scotiabank arena on Tues as Monday is a holiday to seek further info but in the meantime I thought I would brainstorm and welcome any suggestions at this time.  Thank you all in advance!  Much love from 🇨🇦...Cheers and keep physically/mentally jamming all! 🍻💕

Comments

• Hi! Fellow Canuck here 🇨🇦. I'm sure Scotiabank Arena will do their best to accommodate your needs. In fact I'd be really surprised and shocked if the venue didn't do their very best to assist you. As someone with health issues of their own I've been in your situation and have found that 99% of the time people are happy to help where and when they can. I sincerely hope you're able to reach the venue by phone and work everything out beforehand but even if you don't, I'm sure if you approach someone as soon as you get inside the arena and explain the situation they'll be able to help you out. Good luck and I hope you have an awesome time at the concert!! 
  • Looks like number to call is in the section “accessible seating”. Copied web page link below. 

Cheers to a healthy and quick recovery!!! And rock on!
    https://www.mlse.com/scotiabank-arena-customer-service-policy

Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Well you are 1. in partial luck and 2. you are not alone.

I also was in fairly good shape back in 2020 with great plans and GA tickets for my daughter and I.  Like yourself I have had health battles in the past, (my first Pearl Jam show was Barrie 98 a year and a half after Colitis almost killed me), and I am going though a doozie now as well.  20 years of Portering at my local Ontario Hospital and all their wonderful staff shortages, cutbacks, broken equipment, and excessive workloads caught up to me part way through the Pandemic and I am now having Chronic back / hip / foot pain and numbness all on the right side of my body that has me off work for over a year now. 

That being said I have already asked the questions you are seeking answers to.  I first reached out to Ten Club as my tickets were Ten Club GA tickets but was reminded that the tickets were handled by Ticketmaster this time around not Ten Club and to reach out to them via an email link provided.   Everyone here I'm sure knows how that ended - with no reply from Ticketmaster - big surprise.

I then reached out to Scotiabank Arena to see if I could just chill at the back of GA, (I remember there being space at the back in 2016), with a stool / wheelchair / fold out chair, as standing for too long triggers the pain, this way I could enjoy the show and be out of my fellow Ten Clubber's way - you'll get no fight for the rail from me. I really don't want to give up these tickets for my daughter or myself as they are too hard to get and we have hung on to them for over two years now.  I want her to have this great Pearl Jam experience not lose it because her old man is in rough shape. 

ScotiaBank Arena advised me that they would not be able to give me any advise until the night of the concert and advised me to show up to their Customer Services counter at Gate 1 and to then explain my situation to them to see if an accommodation could be made.  So while it is not great knowing in advance it is a least something of an answer.  Worst case scenario I let my daughter have a great time in GA and I just take short breaks at a seating area in the concourse when the pain kicks in.

The other advise I can give you is that when I brought my daughter to her first Pearl Jam show in 2016 my Ten Club seats were in section 106 last row.  Directly behind us was a wheelchair section that was quite spacious.  In checking the arena map this area goes from section 106 to section 104.  They also have a wheelchair section in 1116/117.  

My daughter and I love to stand and sing and dance but we felt bad in that when we were doing that we cut off the visibility of the person in the wheelchair behind us, (plus we had a rude row mate that kept blowing her weed exhaust down the row into my then 12 year old daughters face instead of up into the air - have a little concert courtesy for those around you please).  So we just asked the Section Attendant  if it was okay that we stood behind that person in the wheelchair section so that they could see, (which they were very happy with as was my daughter to no longer have the smoke blown into her face),  the Section Attendant was very gracious and advised us we could do that as long as we moved whenever any of the wheelchair patrons need in or out of the section.  So my daughter and I did that for the rest of the show and a fun time was had by all.  So if you decide you need to sit in a wheelchair section then I am sure they would let a family member(s) be with you.

Now can anyone do anything about the other problem this Covid date change has caused - Hotel Rooms - we had one booked for the 2020 show a block away for under $300, (for the whole family wife and son too), now with Pearl Jam, Elton John, and all the Hollywood people coming in for TIFF they are either sold out or $800 and up.....oh joy!  We live 2 1/2 hours away so driving home isn't that big of a deal but the older I get the harder it is to do - damn aging sucks!  Threw this in just for laughs but DAMN! those hotel rates are insane.

Anyway I hope this helps a bit.  I hope that we can both make it to the show and not have our medical issues give us too much grief.  Pearl Jam's music will numb some of the pain.

To all my fellow Pearl Jam concert goers I hope you can all have a great time at this show that we have all waited so long for and please just remember to be courteous to those around you so that we can all share our love of Pearl Jam and their music together.

Have a great time everybody.......Let's Rock!!
  • LYacky said:
    Hi! Fellow Canuck here 🇨🇦. I'm sure Scotiabank Arena will do their best to accommodate your needs. In fact I'd be really surprised and shocked if the venue didn't do their very best to assist you. As someone with health issues of their own I've been in your situation and have found that 99% of the time people are happy to help where and when they can. I sincerely hope you're able to reach the venue by phone and work everything out beforehand but even if you don't, I'm sure if you approach someone as soon as you get inside the arena and explain the situation they'll be able to help you out. Good luck and I hope you have an awesome time at the concert!! 
    Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me!  I feel in some way it will all work out but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious about it!  I really don't want to miss another show due to my health.  This show is my daughter's birthday gift to be able to go with her parents finally so I really don't want to ruin the experience for her!  We all have connections to something in life and this band is deeply rooted in our souls as it is for so many others!  Music is healing and gets us through the darkest of moments!  I'm finally getting through the dark and want to take my daughter to church with Rev Eddie leading the service lol!  Cheers darlin and thank you again for the kind words! 🍻💕
  • BenToad said:
    Well you are 1. in partial luck and 2. you are not alone.

I also was in fairly good shape back in 2020 with great plans and GA tickets for my daughter and I.  Like yourself I have had health battles in the past, (my first Pearl Jam show was Barrie 98 a year and a half after Colitis almost killed me), and I am going though a doozie now as well.  20 years of Portering at my local Ontario Hospital and all their wonderful staff shortages, cutbacks, broken equipment, and excessive workloads caught up to me part way through the Pandemic and I am now having Chronic back / hip / foot pain and numbness all on the right side of my body that has me off work for over a year now. 

That being said I have already asked the questions you are seeking answers to.  I first reached out to Ten Club as my tickets were Ten Club GA tickets but was reminded that the tickets were handled by Ticketmaster this time around not Ten Club and to reach out to them via an email link provided.   Everyone here I'm sure knows how that ended - with no reply from Ticketmaster - big surprise.

I then reached out to Scotiabank Arena to see if I could just chill at the back of GA, (I remember there being space at the back in 2016), with a stool / wheelchair / fold out chair, as standing for too long triggers the pain, this way I could enjoy the show and be out of my fellow Ten Clubber's way - you'll get no fight for the rail from me. I really don't want to give up these tickets for my daughter or myself as they are too hard to get and we have hung on to them for over two years now.  I want her to have this great Pearl Jam experience not lose it because her old man is in rough shape. 

ScotiaBank Arena advised me that they would not be able to give me any advise until the night of the concert and advised me to show up to their Customer Services counter at Gate 1 and to then explain my situation to them to see if an accommodation could be made.  So while it is not great knowing in advance it is a least something of an answer.  Worst case scenario I let my daughter have a great time in GA and I just take short breaks at a seating area in the concourse when the pain kicks in.

The other advise I can give you is that when I brought my daughter to her first Pearl Jam show in 2016 my Ten Club seats were in section 106 last row.  Directly behind us was a wheelchair section that was quite spacious.  In checking the arena map this area goes from section 106 to section 104.  They also have a wheelchair section in 1116/117.  

My daughter and I love to stand and sing and dance but we felt bad in that when we were doing that we cut off the visibility of the person in the wheelchair behind us, (plus we had a rude row mate that kept blowing her weed exhaust down the row into my then 12 year old daughters face instead of up into the air - have a little concert courtesy for those around you please).  So we just asked the Section Attendant  if it was okay that we stood behind that person in the wheelchair section so that they could see, (which they were very happy with as was my daughter to no longer have the smoke blown into her face),  the Section Attendant was very gracious and advised us we could do that as long as we moved whenever any of the wheelchair patrons need in or out of the section.  So my daughter and I did that for the rest of the show and a fun time was had by all.  So if you decide you need to sit in a wheelchair section then I am sure they would let a family member(s) be with you.

Now can anyone do anything about the other problem this Covid date change has caused - Hotel Rooms - we had one booked for the 2020 show a block away for under $300, (for the whole family wife and son too), now with Pearl Jam, Elton John, and all the Hollywood people coming in for TIFF they are either sold out or $800 and up.....oh joy!  We live 2 1/2 hours away so driving home isn't that big of a deal but the older I get the harder it is to do - damn aging sucks!  Threw this in just for laughs but DAMN! those hotel rates are insane.

Anyway I hope this helps a bit.  I hope that we can both make it to the show and not have our medical issues give us too much grief.  Pearl Jam's music will numb some of the pain.

To all my fellow Pearl Jam concert goers I hope you can all have a great time at this show that we have all waited so long for and please just remember to be courteous to those around you so that we can all share our love of Pearl Jam and their music together.

Have a great time everybody.......Let's Rock!!
    I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me and sharing your personal story!  I too worked in healthcare my whole career until my body just couldn't do it any longer!  I've had chronic pain since birth then a horse back riding accident really did a number on me!  I worked until I just couldn't sustain it.   I loved my job so much!   So from one healthcare worker to another I tip my hat to you!  I appreciate you!  🙏

Thank you so much for all the information you provided me with!  I'm going to be so heartbroken if I'm not able to attend this show for multiple reasons.  I know I'm not alone and others will be in a similar boat.  I just hope everyone in our situation will be blessed with an accommodating spot.  It's been a long few years and we need the PJ fellas to provide us with sweet healing vocals and musical vibrations to penetrate our bones!  Way better than a tens machine!!  Ha!  

Please take care!  Sending blessed & healing vibes your way!  💕

• DM282158 said:
    Looks like number to call is in the section “accessible seating”. Copied web page link below. 

Cheers to a healthy and quick recovery!!! And rock on!
    https://www.mlse.com/scotiabank-arena-customer-service-policy

Thank you ever so much for your kind words and information!  It's definitely a bump along the way in my personal road map, and a wheelchair is not my favorite road of transportation but at least I was blessed with a great surgeon and the means to get better in the end!   For that I am certainly grateful!  

Cheers darlin 🍻🤙
  • Church of Pearl Jam
    Rev Eddie presiding
    He shall touch you with his guitar and you shall be healed.

Love It!  Makes me think of a lot of funny movies with the over the top preacher (Blues Brothers, Coming to America, Leap Of Faith etc...).

You will make it to the show one way or another you will make it.  My daughter has been my concert companion for 17 shows and counting and the first one this year, (Mr Jack White in Detroit), was rough but she helped me along.  I'm sure your husband and daughter will help you along as well and I'm sure the venue will do their best for you as well.  As a healthcare worker you know we find the strength to help our patients even when we are in short supply of it....so let's find that strength for ourselves and enjoy the show......we may be sore the day after, or even the day of, but it will be worth it. 

All the best.

Enjoy the show.