Options

old boss CE-2s are cool

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i finally found a chorus that i like. finally.

CH-1s suck (for electric), CE-5s suck. CE-2s are great.

so unless you can get a vintage CE-1 or a voodoo lab analog chorus, get a CE-2. it'll cost you about a quarter to a fifth of the price.

it's a little noisy, but it's nice and full. i love it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i finally found a chorus that i like. finally.

CH-1s suck (for electric), CE-5s suck. CE-2s are great.

so unless you can get a vintage CE-1 or a voodoo lab analog chorus, get a CE-2. it'll cost you about a quarter to a fifth of the price.

it's a little noisy, but it's nice and full. i love it.

oooooh, and it can be modded for a lower noise floor and a higher speed ala leslie at the top end.

Yes, I am evil sometimes.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    oooooh, and it can be modded for a lower noise floor and a higher speed ala leslie at the top end.

Yes, I am evil sometimes.

i know. but it's $70. i'm researching what needs to be done right now. keeley's got a good picture of the board after mods on his site.
  • Options
    I thought you'd mod it yourself at least change the caps.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I thought you'd mod it yourself at least change the caps.

i will if i can figure out the values and everything. the speedy mod i may not attempt though.
  • Options
    i will if i can figure out the values and everything. the speedy mod i may not attempt though.

yeah he is an electronic engineer and very experienced at that. If the mod cost 70 bucks it must be pretty damn hard.
  • Options
    he does power supply filtering etc. on it too. whether that changes the fact it needs an ACA adapter or not i don't know. not an issue for me since i have ACA. it increases the headroom apparently. again, not a big issue for me since it runs again of distortions etc. i want swampy, not "police" tones and so far, i think it's working.
  • Options
    he does power supply filtering etc. on it too. whether that changes the fact it needs an ACA adapter or not i don't know. not an issue for me since i have ACA. it increases the headroom apparently. again, not a big issue for me since it runs again of distortions etc. i want swampy, not "police" tones and so far, i think it's working.

why fuck with a good thing. Leave it alone it's cool.
  • Options
    why fuck with a good thing. Leave it alone it's cool.

that's kinda where i'm at now. i got it for $50. it's clean. it works. i like it. if it breaks down, then i'll do something.