Options

Serena

NOT the GOAT. For her slams, she beat sharapova, hingis (maybe once), lindsay davenport, azarenka, etc. not exactly navritilova, evert, seles, graff, capriotti, etc. a fine player, for sure, but largely an ESPN creation. they choose who’s “it” and who’s not.
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22

Comments

• Options
    Wrong time to be making this argument dude.  Let her retire and reap all the praise she EARNED.  
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,449
    If you value the players you mentioned so highly you could at least get their names right 😉
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,510
    edited September 2022
    It’s all opinion, eras all different throughout all sports

i will say, the talk about “ she may come back”, just shut  the fuck about that, I’ve watched last few nights and what made them cool was… this is it

then to hear she may Tom Brady this shit…. It’s such an ego stroke on her part… not a good look

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Agree, Tom Brady is an asshat.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Also, my vote for best ever woman tennis player would be Serena.  Not a tennis expert or anything but have watched casually since late 70s and believe she would straight overpower anyone I've seen.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Although I hate Tom Brady, I do think that these people have a level of competitive nature that is impossible for us regulars to understand. Sitting around while their peers prepare for the next season probably drives them up a wall and eventually they can’t handle it. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,510
    RiotZact said:
    Although I hate Tom Brady, I do think that these people have a level of competitive nature that is impossible for us regulars to understand. Sitting around while their peers prepare for the next season probably drives them up a wall and eventually they can’t handle it. 
    Or being around kids makes them say, fuck tgat… I want back in 🤣
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    Wobbie said:
    NOT the GOAT. For her slams, she beat sharapova, hingis (maybe once), lindsay davenport, azarenka, etc. not exactly navritilova, evert, seles, graff, capriotti, etc. a fine player, for sure, but largely an ESPN creation. they choose who’s “it” and who’s not.
    Is she standing on your lawn or something, curmudgeon?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    RiotZact said:
    Brady's level of compete is possibly only matched by the likes of Michael Jordan from all accounts I've heard/read.  
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    JPPJ84 said:
    If you value the players you mentioned so highly you could at least get their names right 😉

if I hadn't been drinking when I posted, I may have.

drunk posts: never a great idea.

crojam's point about "eras" is so true.....in ANY sport.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,379
    Wobbie said:
    JPPJ84 said:

drunk thread creation is worse

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:
    JPPJ84 said:

drunk thread creation is worse

word. :no_mouth:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,379
    certainly a dominant player up there with the greats.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I always thought it was Hingis Navaratlova and the Willams sisters as the Mt Rushmore of tennis.
  • Options
    I always thought it was Hingis Navaratlova and the Willams sisters as the Mt Rushmore of tennis.
    four women? martina, steffi, chrissie and serena.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16