Options

just bought a new body for the strat i smashed ages ago.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have everything else. the neck didn't suffer much and now lives on my tele.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2568634887

my original strat was black. i'll now have two sunburst strats.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    since my old strat was completely covered with acrylic paint when i smashed it, i'm getting a new pickguard too.

black i think. with the white PUPs and knobs.

SRVness.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    since my old strat was completely covered with acrylic paint when i smashed it, i'm getting a new pickguard too.

black i think. with the white PUPs and knobs.

SRVness.

sweet. or you could get amp knobs like muddy waters. I'm getting my brother in laws old mexican strat to play with. I' might try building too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    this is the definition of impulse buy but it was $100 or so less than a new warmoth body and the shipping is cheap.

and it will quell the guilt i've felt even since i destroyed that guitar.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I'm getting my brother in laws old mexican strat to play with. I' might try building too.

some new PUPs and you're good to go.
  • Options
    some new PUPs and you're good to go.

Lindy Fralin Blues.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    as long as the wood's good and the neck's solid, you can make it as good as you want really.
  • Options
    yeah, I still want a new one though. This one's black which is cool but I really would rather have a sunburst.
  • Options
    all of my fenders will be sunburst now. two brown sunbursts and one 3-colour burst.

nicest one i ever had was the '70 mustang that was black/red/yellow.

black is nice and universal though. just get a snaz pickguard for it.
  • Options
    all of my fenders will be sunburst now. two brown sunbursts and one 3-colour burst.

nicest one i ever had was the '70 mustang that was black/red/yellow.

black is nice and universal though. just get a snaz pickguard for it.

It's got a pearloid white one on it now. I'd rather have mint green or possibly Red. Maybe even one of those Abalone jobbers from MF.
  • Options
    check warmoth. pretty much any colour or texture you want.
  • Options
    check warmoth. pretty much any colour or texture you want.

i looked. they are cool. I might build one soon.
  • Options
    djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    No guitar prettier in my opinion than a sunburst strat. As for pick guards, a friend of mine just got a "green mirror" and I must say it looke pretty sweet. I dont know if it would go wiwth a sunburst though
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • Options
    well, i got the body today. needs a good buffing but it should work well. i love sunburst.
  • Options
    well, i got the body today. needs a good buffing but it should work well. i love sunburst.

me too. so much.
  • Options
    it's got a few battle scars but for an 7+ year old body, it's pretty good. good enough for me considering the rough shape the neck i have is in. it'll look good with the black guard etc.
  • Options
    it's got a few battle scars but for an 7+ year old body, it's pretty good. good enough for me considering the rough shape the neck i have is in. it'll look good with the black guard etc.

just what you need. A new guitar :)
  • Options
    once it's done, i'll pick my favourite between the two strats and get rid of the loser when it comes time to buy a digital piano or something. i don't need two. i don't even like strat tone all that much right now but it's a good sound to have around.