Options

JUST BREATHE (oil on canvas 24x24)

cheeseman888cheeseman888 Posts: 3
edited September 2022 in The Art Wall
On March 10, 2020 my (now 20 year old) daughter lost her boyfriend of 3 years to a drunk driver. Her first and only love was an awesome bass player. Needless to say, her anguish continues to this day, and the devastating ripple effect continues to haunt both families as this emotional rollercoaster and my personal fears of my daughter's future will most likely never end.  The song "Just Breathe" touched me in such a way, reminding me of my dear Piper and her beloved Dino that it inspired the painting attached.  May their love continue forever...

I'm a late fan, at 57, just really finding my PJ love after going to see them at the 2021 Ohana Festival with my girlfriend and buddy (true HUGE Pearl Jam fans) and learning just how fricking cool they are on and off the stage.  And we all will be at Bourbon & Beyond in 2 weeks to see them again!!  If I had one request, please, I hope PJ plays this song.  It's such a  beautiful song and brings tears, I just love it.

Cheers all.
--Steve
Post edited by cheeseman888 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    involutionaryinvolutionary sun diego Posts: 105
    this is awesome - nicely done.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    so awful (the accident), and so beautiful (the painting). 

so sorry for your daughter's loss. this type of thing is always in the back of your mind as a parent, especially when they get to that driving age. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    so strange...just got a text from my teenage daughter that two boys known to her classmates were in a car accident last night, hit a hydro pole. her friend's sister's boyfriend (passenger) died, the other (driver) is in critical condition. 

every parent's nightmare. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    thanks for the sentiments, life so fragile and for some the journey so short. get busy living I say, go to Australia! appreciate the post, best..