Shipping to the UK from Canada

Not sure if there is an existing thread on this, but I was at the postal office yesterday getting a quote for shipping a poster to the UK. I was is shock when they gave me a price of $77.28 + $16.81 fuel surcharge for a whopping total of $94.09 (8 day express post international) 

Is this correct? Has anyone shipped to the UK lately from Canada? I still think there's a mistake...how can it be so much...

Comments

• That's why i stopped shipping stuff outside north america.  too expensive.   Hell, even to ship a poster to the USA is like $30+ with tracking
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • StevieG73StevieG73 Posts: 452
    edited September 2022
    I was quoted $72 to send a small envelope with 2 keys from Canada to Ireland.  No tracking number and no guarantee of delivery.  Sometimes I feel like Canada Post tries to discourage people from using them.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,221
    StevieG73 said:
    I was quoted $72 to send a small envelope with 2 keys from Canada to Ireland.  No tracking number and no guarantee of delivery.  Sometimes I feel like Canada Post try to discourage people from using them.

If you think Canada Post is bad, FedEx & UPS are the worst! 
    GP179117 said:
    That's why i stopped shipping stuff outside north america.  too expensive.   Hell, even to ship a poster to the USA is like $30+ with tracking
    Last time I shipped to Vancouver was almost 5 years ago? And that was over $30 CDN. I'm afraid to see what they would charge me now.
    Not sure if there is an existing thread on this, but I was at the postal office yesterday getting a quote for shipping a poster to the UK. I was is shock when they gave me a price of $77.28 + $16.81 fuel surcharge for a whopping total of $94.09 (8 day express post international) 

Is this correct? Has anyone shipped to the UK lately from Canada? I still think there's a mistake...how can it be so much...

It's correct and it sucks! 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    I’m in the U.K. - from my experience postage from Canada to the U.K. is the highest in the world via Canada Post. Costs like $80 or so vs $27 if you are in the US or €20 in Europe and posting to the U.K. 

However a Canadian guy I bought something from around a year ago sent me a poster by Asendia. It was significantly cheaper, like $25-30 or so. I suggest you try that
  • Check netparcel by PayPal 
  • This is a screenshot from the Post Office, the second quote of $49.98 is via ship or donkey as it takes at least 2 months and no tracking option. I believe these prices do not include 13% GST on top of the below rates. 

This is a screenshot from the Post Office, the second quote of $49.98 is via ship or donkey as it takes at least 2 months and no tracking option. I believe these prices do not include 13% GST on top of the below rates. 

No tracking on the $50 rate? Damn!