**Seven O'Clock in Hamilton, ON** (7 reasons why)

Traveling in from Newfoundland to see the band in Hamilton! Absolutely ecstatic to hear whatever songs the band wants to play but boy would I love to hear Seven O'Clock. Here's why:

1. It's one of the best songs the band has ever recorded. 
2. It features one of Ed's best vocal melodies. The way he sings the verses is brilliant. 
3. It sounds amazing live, especially those big open chords in the chorus. 
4. It's the Gigaton tour - so only makes sense to play Gigaton's best song. 
5. The song was borne out of an hour-long improv, which is, IMO, Pearl Jam at their best. Five amazing musicians creating art in a room on a blank canvas. Also, the take on the record,        per Josh Evans, is pretty much a live take. Perhaps that's why the song sounds so good live.  
6. It's criminally underplayed thus far on the Gigaton tour - the song is an instant classic that should be showcased live. 
7. It aptly describes a former president as "Sitting Bullshit". 

So how about it? Can we get some love for Seven O'Clock? Thanks! 

Comments

• jefftjefft Posts: 657
    Yup its great live
  • Love this song. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Oh yeah! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,217
    Make it so. 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,442
    It’s fantastic live, one of the best live tracks from Gigaton. I was fortunate to see it three times last year (SHN, and both Ohana Encore shows). Hoping to catch it at least one more time on the current tour. 
  • steven87 said:
    It’s fantastic live, one of the best live tracks from Gigaton. I was fortunate to see it three times last year (SHN, and both Ohana Encore shows). Hoping to catch it at least one more time on the current tour. 
    Yeah I was blown away how good it sounded on the sea hear now boot. I believe that was their first show back too. All the gigaton songs sounded great, especially this one and dance! 
    steven87 said:
    Yeah I was blown away how good it sounded on the sea hear now boot. I believe that was their first show back too. All the gigaton songs sounded great, especially this one and dance! 
    Yeah my favorites live so far are seven o’clock, who ever said, and quick escape. Everything I’ve heard from Gigaton so far though sounds great. Can’t wait to hopefully hear more this tour!
  • steven87 said:
    steven87 said:
    Yeah my favorites live so far are seven o’clock, who ever said, and quick escape. Everything I’ve heard from Gigaton so far though sounds great. Can’t wait to hopefully hear more this tour!
    steven87 said:
    steven87 said:
    steven87 said:
    steven87 said:
    Yeah IMO new songs haven’t sounded this good live since the self titled album. (Although lightning bolt is a monster live with the outro!)
  • Scratched again last night in Quebec!  Just saving it for Hamilton it looks like ☺️
  • 3 more sleeps! 
  • Hopefully they make it two shows in a row! 
    Hopefully they make it two shows in a row! 

Would be cool if they do.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Really translates so well live. Was quite happy to hear it for the first time last night.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    I was thrilled to hear it again last night. And this was the best live version I’ve heard so far. They shortened it a bit from the album version which IMO helped it translate even better live. Hope you get it in Hamilton!
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,159
    steven87 said:
    I was thrilled to hear it again last night. And this was the best live version I’ve heard so far. They shortened it a bit from the album version which IMO helped it translate even better live. Hope you get it in Hamilton!
    How did they shorten it?
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 590
    did they cut a verse ? or chorus?
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • I was watching a stream and I believe the ending was cut a little short. Could be wrong though! 
    100 Pacer said:
    Really translates so well live. Was quite happy to hear it for the first time last night.

Same here. :) 
    Yep they just shortened the ending only by a little. They didn’t cut a verse/chorus. 
  • Show day bump!!
    Show day bump!!

• Preshow bump! Can’t wait to see the greatest band in the world! 
  • Showtime soon! 
  • Sweet Jesus. Who needs 7 o’clock. Best show I’ve seen yet. Bys are ageless wonders. Whoever said is a monster live. Just got back, no idea how many songs were played but it was a complete show. Absolutely amazing!