Options

'70 SG. run don't walk.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    sweet. I want a Pete Townsend or a SG Classic.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I would love to pick up an old 70's SG Junior with the single P-90.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
    already got one.
    jeter drinks wine coolers
  • Options
    I have an Gibson SG just like the first one you posted. It's great. I know it's from the 70's, but I'm not sure exactly when. It was dad's so I don't know much about it. It sounds great though.
  • Options
    The first one you posted looks like it would be a pain in the ass to re-string...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dudley Dawson
    The first one you posted looks like it would be a pain in the ass to re-string...

Imagine restringing a double neck 6/12 string SG, talk about a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    Do you have a double neck guitar? I couldn't imagine holding that thing up much less re-stringing it. That guy from Cheap Trick plays a bigass guitar. He probably sees a chiropractor regularly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Imagine restringing a double neck 6/12 string SG, talk about a pain in the ass.

until you've re-strung a rickenbacker 12, you don't know pain.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    until you've re-strung a rickenbacker 12, you don't know pain.

I have and I hate them. Fucking stupid floating bridge.
  • Options
    I have and I hate them. Fucking stupid floating bridge.

it's the headstock that i hate.
  • Options
    it's the headstock that i hate.

yeah that too. I also hate pearl vintage tuners, they are shit.
  • Options
    mine's got schallers. but they seem to suck compared to the ones on my fenders.

actually, i quite hate my rickenbacker in general. oh well.
  • Options
    mine's got schallers. but they seem to suck compared to the ones on my fenders.

actually, i quite hate my rickenbacker in general. oh well.

I have some nice schallers on my LP. If I had to buy some I'd get something locking like Sperzels, though I think a lot of Grovers.
  • Options
    i have grovers on my lp. i like them. i really like the locking schaller m6's i put on the jazzbastard.
  • Options
    i have grovers on my lp. i like them. i really like the locking schaller m6's i put on the jazzbastard.

I believe those are the ones I have. Given my laziness though and extreme distaste for restringing. I want lockers so I can pull it through, lock it cut it and tune up.
  • Options
    What's so special about Rickenbachers anyway? They look awkward and to me that means they are awkward to play. Are they nice?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dudley Dawson
    What's so special about Rickenbachers anyway? They look awkward and to me that means they are awkward to play. Are they nice?

they are awkward to play. definitely. but nothing sounds like a 12-string rickenbacker so i suffer. i wouldn't bother with a 6-string. the neck is narrow and deep and heavily glossed. it takes some getting used to.
  • Options
    they are awkward to play. definitely. but nothing sounds like a 12-string rickenbacker so i suffer. i wouldn't bother with a 6-string. the neck is narrow and deep and heavily glossed. it takes some getting used to.

well, I don't have much experience with thier guitars except for a few strums here and there. They are ok. I'd rather play a gretsch or 335. But Ric sound is a specific sound and many people have loved it over the years.

But, Ric basses are heavenly. Weighting is perfect. Sound is round and deep. Great rock and roll basses.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    But, Ric basses are heavenly. Weighting is perfect. Sound is round and deep. Great rock and roll basses.

Preach on...

I really want to pick up a Rick 4001 bass to complement my Fender P-Bass. They're pretty punchy, too, with a pick. Not good for funk or slap, but great for rock. I'm surprised I've never seen Jeff with one.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.