Venue Purse and Bag Policies

GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
Someone had mentioned a bag policy at Camden so I decided to research the rest of the shows I am going to. Here is what I found in terms of purse and bag policies. These are only the shows I am attending - so make sure to check the policies for the other arenas if you are going to them. This is especially important for those of us who carry everything in our purses.

Ottawa:

In conjunction with NHL protocols and for your safety and expedited entry into Canadian Tire Centre, bags are restricted to clutch or wallet style bags smaller than 4”x6”x1.5” which will be subject to contactless security screening. These bags cannot include a metal or chain style strap and must clear our walk-through metal detectors.

Bags, backpacks, purses, totes, clear bags, fanny packs and camera bags are not permitted. Exceptions will be made for guests who require a bag for medical devices and childcare/diaper bags. Guests who have these bags will be required to enter at Gate 3 (Palladium Dr. and Huntmar Dr., parking lots 3 and 4).

Onsite bag checks will not be available.

Toronto

MLSE strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags, but fans will be able to carry the following into MLSE events and facilities:

• Small purse type bags smaller than 16.5cm x 11.5cm (6.5”x4.5”), with or without a handle or strap – small clutch bag

Fans carrying bags that do not meet the criteria WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ENTRY. If for any reason (medical or other) you require a bag that does not adhere to the bag policy, entry will be permitted subject to contacting MLSE for security inspection, including x-ray inspection of the bag and contents.

Hamilton

All persons entering a Core Entertainment venue is subject to search. This can include patdowns, bag searches (purses, large bags, diaper bags, etc), and/or wand checks.

All patdowns are performed by trained security personnel. The level of searching required is dictated by the show and may vary. 

MSG

Bags do not have to be clear, but they must fit comfortably under your seat. Oversized bags larger than 22” x 14” x 9” are prohibited.

Camden

Small clutch bags are allowed. Slightly larger tote style bags are allowed only if they are clear. All other bags are prohibited. Bags may be searched on entry.

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    Thanks for this GG, actually just checked my Camden web site earlier today. Good to have a heads up about what is allowed.  Enjoy and be safe all during this last leg.  
  • Mrs FMe agonizes over these rules.  I think they are so lame.  They let so much abhorrent behavior go down but a small shoulder or back pack purse is not allowed.
    Straight up stupid.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Mrs FMe agonizes over these rules.  I think they are so lame.  They let so much abhorrent behavior go down but a small shoulder or back pack purse is not allowed.
    Straight up stupid.
    Agreed. It’s hard to fit everything I need into those small clutch bags. Women carry more stuff than men do and pockets just don’t cut it. 
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    I just got back from MSG (Roger Waters). They now run your all your stuff through an airport style xray conveyor with a monitor. I even had to take my belt off. I was able to enter with a fully stuffed waist pack, and a point and shoot camera in its own separate pouch, however, so, goal achieved. Getting through security at MSG has oddly always been much easier than most other venues.

We were let into the security area at 6:30pm but they didn't start scanning tickets until 7:04pm. So, for all that time, we were all crammed into that low-ceiling rampway where they scan tickets by the stair towers. If I'm gonna get Covid it will be because of that.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    @BLACK35 - Here is the information you wanted. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    We walked our daughter and her friend through security the other night at MSG for Harry Styles.  My wife had her giant purse with her and had no issues other than security checked inside it. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,672
    GlowGirl said:
    @BLACK35 - Here is the information you wanted. 
    Thanks
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • I wish I had looked into this before today.  Turns out Nashville has limits on purse size.  I feel like an idiot for buying the Pixel 6 Pro.  With a case, it is too big to fit into a small purse.  And I don't have pockets in my dress.  Heaven forbid I should want to pack a lipstick, keys, wallet, and/or tampon.

Anyone know where I can find a larger, clear purse in Nashville tomorrow before the show?
    well, fuckers, he still stands
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    Amazon
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    I wish I had looked into this before today.  Turns out Nashville has limits on purse size.  I feel like an idiot for buying the Pixel 6 Pro.  With a case, it is too big to fit into a small purse.  And I don't have pockets in my dress.  Heaven forbid I should want to pack a lipstick, keys, wallet, and/or tampon.

Anyone know where I can find a larger, clear purse in Nashville tomorrow before the show?

If you're downtown the Predators Team Store at Bridgestone may be an option.
  • I wish I had looked into this before today.  Turns out Nashville has limits on purse size.  I feel like an idiot for buying the Pixel 6 Pro.  With a case, it is too big to fit into a small purse.  And I don't have pockets in my dress.  Heaven forbid I should want to pack a lipstick, keys, wallet, and/or tampon.

Walmart, Target, etc. They all sell clear bags now.
  • Thank you, everyone!  These are great suggestions and now I have hope. 

Looks like I need a clear bag for the bourbon and beyond Festival tomorrow, too. I have to bring in clothes. Was not quite sure how to do that.  I checked my Walmart, but they didn't have anything in stock and I would have to order it. Seeing how I didn't think to check into this until last night, I couldn't have anything shipped.  

I do hope they will rethink these policies and sizes for bags. I bought a ginormous cell phone.  I can barely hold it in my hand, much less stick it into a tiny bag. 
    well, fuckers, he still stands
  • StephanieL19StephanieL19 Posts: 212
    edited September 2023
    Hello!

Does anyone have the details of the bag policy for the 4 Texas shows?  I looked on the venue sites, but sometimes the band has different requests.

Fort Worth-

• BAG POLICIES:Approved bags: Bags are not to exceed 12″x6″x12″.  A clear tote, small purse, small fashion backpack, small clutch, plastic storage bags and drawstring bags are acceptable if they don’t exceed the size of 12″x6″x12″.Non-approved bags:  Bags that exceed 12″x6″x12″ including but not limited to a backpack, oversized purse, oversized tote bag, suitcase/luggage, messenger/laptop bag, duffel bag, and cooler.  These non-approved bags will not be permitted inside the arena.If attending an event at Dickies Arena, please leave non-approved bags at home.Please click here for the bag policy flyer.Please note that the venue bag policy can change at any time.

Austin -

Clear Bag Policy

If necessary, guests are permitted to bring:

One (1) CLEAR bag that does not exceed 14″ x 14″ x 6″

OR

One (1) non-clear small clutch/purse/wallet that does not exceed 5″ x 9″ x 1.5″

Post edited by StephanieL19 on
    ----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center