Options

opinions on a couple pedals....

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
vox valvetone
dunlop rotovibe

they've always intrigued me but i've never heard them or seen one here to try.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    vox- similar to the old solasound tonebenders. think Jimmy Paige. A darker smoother fuzz face. See http://www.aramateffects.com soul patch fuzz for examples of tone. I think it's pretty cool.

The Rotovibe is a leslie simulator much better rotating speaker sim than a univibe sim. Not phasey really more clean like a leslie, It's cool but classic dunlop. It screams to have better components installed. If you could clean up the sound with some film caps and better over all components it'd be even better. Really fun pedal if you can get it for less than a hundred bucks off of say ebay. I'm considering one myself. The nice thing is that you can change speeds like a real leslie. Chorus is great (leslie chorus), vibrato is ass crap. I saw a guy use it as a univibe in conjunction with a Roger Mayer Fuzz an old Marshall Plexi and a Hendrix model strat. He was in a hendrix cover band. The Rotovibe performed very well even without the thickness the univibe has.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i'm keeping an eye on a few on ebay. i really like the idea of a modulation effect in a wah casing. i'm also watching the sale of the guts of a vintage crybaby (sans pot) that may go for really cheap.

i wish i could find a couple empty wah casings too.

the vox pedals just look great. it is sounds good too, that's a bonus.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i'm keeping an eye on a few on ebay. i really like the idea of a modulation effect in a wah casing. i'm also watching the sale of the guts of a vintage crybaby (sans pot) that may go for really cheap.

i wish i could find a couple empty wah casings too.

the vox pedals just look great. it is sounds good too, that's a bonus.

you find an inductor yet? I still have to give Ebay a bank account inorder to sell with them. I need to get rid of some things to buy other things
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    you find an inductor yet? I still have to give Ebay a bank account inorder to sell with them. I need to get rid of some things to buy other things

yup. found them at small bear. $25 for the fulltone pot and $20 for the fasel yellow inductor that i want. i'm going to wait until i've done my gain and sweep mods on my vox. i want to see how they turn out before i do anything else. those parts should be here next week.

i really don't know if everything i did to my vox was an improvement or not.
  • Options
    you know that Fulltone offers the Fulltone pot for 20 bucks installed?

check the mods on his website.

I am such a dork. I know way more about gear than my talent level insinuates.
  • Options
    the cost to ship it there and back outweighs the savings. and it's dead simple to install. and he doesn't deal with foreign buyers at all.
  • Options
    ah. Ok. It's probably really easy, I wonder how hard it would be on the morley though I'm getting board with it. I want to sell it and get something new. like a vox to mod.
  • Options
    the crybaby GCB-95's are going for cheaper than the vox and it's basically the same circuit with slightly less quality components. of course, you lose the cool chrome top but hey.... all of the mods that everyone advertises are really cheap to do yourself save for buying the inductor and pot.

i like working on the wah circuit b/c it's not intimidating for me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the crybaby GCB-95's are going for cheaper than the vox and it's basically the same circuit with slightly less quality components. of course, you lose the cool chrome top but hey.... all of the mods that everyone advertises are really cheap to do yourself save for buying the inductor and pot.

i like working on the wah circuit b/c it's not intimidating for me.

sounds good. maybe I should get one.