Options

i found a DM-3.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
and i didn't like it as much as my DOD analog echo. i was shocked. oh well. i bought into the hype a bit. learned my lesson.

i did find another vox wah for cheap. i'm going to do a couple mods to it and then flip it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    it happens. Pedals are so over hyped in a lot of cases. you just have to know what you like and what works. The reason I can't spend 200 dollars on a multi delay but I can spend 220 on a compressor.

No luck on the Pete Townsend SG. I did find some old specials with P-90's but to be honest, damn the vibrato boys. If you want a vibrato bridge get a gretsch. I just want the Pete Townsend SG then I want to change the tuners to lockers. Then I'm done. I'd play all the time. Although changing the finger board to ebony would be tempting.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I just want the Pete Townsend SG then I want to change the tuners to lockers. Then I'm done. I'd play all the time. Although changing the finger board to ebony would be tempting.

And THEN you'd be done. Right? Right? I thought so.

I really like the DD-6, but I have my unit that works, so I really haven't been looking. You could always get a cheap Lexicon multi-FX unit and put it in your rack...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    And THEN you'd be done. Right? Right? I thought so.

I really like the DD-6, but I have my unit that works, so I really haven't been looking. You could always get a cheap Lexicon multi-FX unit and put it in your rack...

I decided on the little guyatone MD-3 or just a Boss DD-3. I just need delay. not anything really fancy I'd rather change sounds with compression and overdrives and a decent Wah. I mainly want a delay a reverb and a vibe as modulation the rest is gravy for now. My good stuff I want to be the overdrives fuzzes and distortions, but there are so damn many good ones.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    This one calls your names...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2571733414&category=23790

That's a better price than any pedal, and you've got reverb, delay, chorus, flange, etc... Footswitchable...
  • Options
    This one calls your names...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2571733414&category=23790

That's a better price than any pedal, and you've got reverb, delay, chorus, flange, etc... Footswitchable...

oooh I love lexicon, my fave is the alesis digiverb I think. with the midi delays and reverbs. A band I like called Jupiter Coyote uses them a lot.
  • Options
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2572208396&category=23790

That's a fucking awesome price... of course, two days is a lot of time on eBay.
  • Options
    i still can't believe i get better sounding and longer delays out of the DOD. sigh. i'd better make sure i keep that pedal working properly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i still can't believe i get better sounding and longer delays out of the DOD. sigh. i'd better make sure i keep that pedal working properly.

why not put it back on Ebay recoup the losses and find an old Memory Man like you had. Send it to the FXdoctor for a hifi cleanup?

Or better yet a Mooger Fooger.
  • Options
    I'm tellin' ya... use a rack multi-FX unit... crystal-clear, much more adjustable... more versatile... longer delay times. You already have the rack...
  • Options
    I'm tellin' ya... use a rack multi-FX unit... crystal-clear, much more adjustable... more versatile... longer delay times. You already have the rack...

I'm considering lexicon or an alesis digiverb, that'd give me a reason to buy a rack mount and a sonic maximiser too but I'm wondering how it would sound strait into my amp, I ain't got no FX loop.
  • Options
    why not put it back on Ebay recoup the losses and find an old Memory Man like you had. Send it to the FXdoctor for a hifi cleanup?

Or better yet a Mooger Fooger.

the DM-3 is already on ebay and doing ok. i'll lose a bit i'm sure but not too much.
    and yeah, someday i'm going to get another memory man and clean it up. the combo of my DL4 and DOD will work quite well for now though.

and a rotovibe went for $80US this morning on buy it now. the guy was in calgary too. but it was sold even before i saw it.
  • Options
    I saw that damn rotovibe. I think I will get one. It's too cool not to. if it sucks I'll try to sell it. but the Deja 2 that I could have bought was still like 270 from Guitar Center used. Cheap for that one but 270 is a lot of money.
  • Options
    there's a rackmount deja on there for like a grand. crazy.

i'm waiting for my looper to sell and the DM-3. those are done on monday. and i'm still waiting for payment on my acoustic DI i sold. dammit.

i wonder what i can flip a modded vox wah for. i'm going to true bypass it and do the external volume/sweep/gain mods i'm doing to mine on it. i figure $80 at least. it's a 2 year old pedalt though so who knows.
  • Options
    Rotovibes just look cool... I'd put one on my pedalboard if it didn't do anything... but it sounds good, too!

That reminds me... Paco'll get a kick out of this... I once did sound for a band, the lead singer had a vintage Orange head (didn't catch the model #) on a speaker cab. I complimented his taste... he told me it wasn't plugged in, he was using a Peavey head, he just used the Orange for looks. Just sat there.

I worked with another band once that had a sonic oscillator for cleaning teeth sitting on his amp stack... because it looked cool... from 5 feet or more, it did look like some sort of funky FX unit or something...
  • Options
    Rotovibes just look cool... I'd put one on my pedalboard if it didn't do anything... but it sounds good, too!

That reminds me... Paco'll get a kick out of this... I once did sound for a band, the lead singer had a vintage Orange head (didn't catch the model #) on a speaker cab. I complimented his taste... he told me it wasn't plugged in, he was using a Peavey head, he just used the Orange for looks. Just sat there.

I worked with another band once that had a sonic oscillator for cleaning teeth sitting on his amp stack... because it looked cool... from 5 feet or more, it did look like some sort of funky FX unit or something...

wow. He's got an orange right there and he chooses the Peavy.

How did Ed put it. That's like a popsicle shoved up someones ass. O well. Some people like it. You would have hated the Orange anyway most of those weren't master volumes. 120 to 140 watts non master volume = 1 pissed off sound man.
  • Options
    It was pretty crappy music, anyways... Sammy Hagar-sorta stuff. And the Peavey wasn't even like a 5150 or anything nice, just a basic little piece of shit Peavey, solid state.

I was just pissed he had a nice, old Orange in good shape, and didn't appreciate it.

I stopped in at a Christian rock concert earlier this week, to talk to the sound guy... the band playing had three Orange amps (two guitar, one bass) and the one guitar player had an Orange 4x12 and an Orange 2x12. The bass player had an Ampeg 8x10. The other guitar player had a Mesa 4x12. I need to get into Christian rock...
  • Options
    It was pretty crappy music, anyways... Sammy Hagar-sorta stuff. And the Peavey wasn't even like a 5150 or anything nice, just a basic little piece of shit Peavey, solid state.

I was just pissed he had a nice, old Orange in good shape, and didn't appreciate it.

I stopped in at a Christian rock concert earlier this week, to talk to the sound guy... the band playing had three Orange amps (two guitar, one bass) and the one guitar player had an Orange 4x12 and an Orange 2x12. The bass player had an Ampeg 8x10. The other guitar player had a Mesa 4x12. I need to get into Christian rock...

yeah the christian band guys usually have tons of money. Most of those acts have a church and all the money they give behind them. I think I'm going to buy my parent's church a new mixer for christmas, they need 16 channels any suggestions? I'm tired of looking at that old 1970's mixer they have and they don't know enough to change it.
  • Options
    so let me get this straight, i take the path to jesus and i can get an AD15?
  • Options
    so let me get this straight, i take the path to jesus and i can get an AD15?

well, I'll put it like this. One guy I used to play with had a Taylor 810. Some guy in the church just bought it for him. Ok. Thanks for 1800 dollars man. Some girl that came into guitar center...same deal.

I went to church with my Heathen ex girlfriend (she was baptist and in the theatre you know theres some heathen behavior going on, man I loved her.) Anyway I go to this "progressive" service. Video screens Light racks I counted around 20 grand in JBL PA gear. Not counting the rest of the awesome video and sound equipment. It was like going to church in a state of the art arena. They only lacked skyboxes. All to follow a bouncing ball singing 2 or three sentances over and over like a mantra. All these and more can be found on WOW worship CD's. I don't know about you guys. I'm all about God and Jesus, but that just dosen't do it for me, but all that free music stuff.... it's not christianity its marketing. Spritualism is internal and you lead by example not by brainwashing them, however it seems to be working. If you are willing there's a lot of money to be made in the church. Did I mention another guy that's in the choir with my parents has a Breedlove!!!! I don't think the church bought that one but who knows?
  • Options
    meh. god doesn't live in building with fancy windows.
  • Options
    meh. god doesn't live in building with fancy windows.

my point exactly.
  • Options
    my point exactly.

maybe i'll sing the praise just enough to get a pro junior. my parents want me to sing the praise just to get married in a church so what's the diff? :)
  • Options
    maybe i'll sing the praise just enough to get a pro junior. my parents want me to sing the praise just to get married in a church so what's the diff? :)

the lord works in mysterious ways. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    the lord probably just likes nachos and beer like the rest of us and is probably really pissed that no one gets it.
  • Options
    the lord probably just likes nachos and beer like the rest of us and is probably really pissed that no one gets it.

sounds like you're god and my god hang out often.
  • Options
    sounds like you're god and my god hang out often.

yeah, they don't get fucked over by geography. i was talking to my fiance last night about the fact that all the cool people i meet i'll never get to hang out with.
  • Options
    yeah, they don't get fucked over by geography. i was talking to my fiance last night about the fact that all the cool people i meet i'll never get to hang out with.

don't be too sure. I have gobs of vacation time and no local friends to go with. I'm sure I could spend a couple of days in Canada.

Oh wait......you said cool people......
  • Options
    don't be too sure. I have gobs of vacation time and no local friends to go with. I'm sure I could spend a couple of days in Canada.

Oh wait......you said cool people......

i'm waiting to see where and when pj plays again. but hell, come on up. bring a guitar
  • Options
    yeah the christian band guys usually have tons of money. Most of those acts have a church and all the money they give behind them. I think I'm going to buy my parent's church a new mixer for christmas, they need 16 channels any suggestions? I'm tired of looking at that old 1970's mixer they have and they don't know enough to change it.

Well, I recommend the Allen & Heath Mix Wizard. $1000. It's the absolute bomb. God mixes on Allen & Heath. Actually, that's not too far from the truth... Allen & Heath have become AMAZINGLY popular with houses of worship.

Anyone catch that South Park with Cartman's Christian Rock experiment?
  • Options
    Well, I recommend the Allen & Heath Mix Wizard. $1000. It's the absolute bomb. God mixes on Allen & Heath. Actually, that's not too far from the truth... Allen & Heath have become AMAZINGLY popular with houses of worship.

Anyone catch that South Park with Cartman's Christian Rock experiment?

didn't want to spend that much. Maybe 600