sweet bassman head

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wait a minute.

that says "a division of columbia record distribution corp" on the switch panel. is that a silverface coverted to blackface? it must be. something's not right. yet it's got the right circuit number.

oh wait. they sold in 65. must be a 66 or 67.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    wait a minute.

that says "a division of columbia record distribution corp" on the switch panel. is that a silverface coverted to blackface? it must be. something's not right. yet it's got the right circuit number.

I think it means it is a very early 67 maybe. Ask McCready to see if it says that on his Vibro Champ, if it dosen't then this amp is after the sale, It's to old looking to be a silverface redo. I'd say early 67 before they changed models.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i'm getting better at this detective stuff.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i'm getting better at this detective stuff.

Maybe if you're lucky Magnum will let you drive the Ferrari.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    TC lets me fly the chopper whenever i want.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I'll check the Vibro-Champ when I get home...

It's either original blackface, or a great re-do. The grill is wheatcloth, not silver/blue cloth.

That fucker is in seriously great condition... the tolex looks brand new. If it wasn't for the oxidation on the top rails... still, it might have been recovered.

The date codes indicate a '66 or '67.

That price is pretty high with 8+ days to go. That's so clean, I don't blame 'em. I'll have to find one with torn cloth, ripped tolex, and a blown transformer to be able to afford one. I want a blackface, that's for sure...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.