Options

808 out of control? so is the wag huge thing.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
$1G us. wow.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2575087700&category=41416

i haven't even heard of this one. love the name.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's a green rhino and red llama toegther. Cool. yes. worth it. no way. Tom Petty uses a Red Llama. It's a cool clear sounding tweed sounding overdrive. The Green Rhino is a cool clear 808.

Keeley is probably just as good. I wish he'd make a custom case option.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    it's listed as "in the lab" on their website. only 12 exist. wow. i wonder how many 600ms delays got made.

as a collector, it's worth it. as a player. no.

matthew sweet is/was a big way huge user too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    it's listed as "in the lab" on their website. only 12 exist. wow. i wonder how many 600ms delays got made.

as a collector, it's worth it. as a player. no.

matthew sweet is/was a big way huge user too.

Yeah Aqua Puss. Cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    It's a green rhino and red llama toegther. Cool. yes. worth it. no way. Tom Petty uses a Red Llama. It's a cool clear sounding tweed sounding overdrive. The Green Rhino is a cool clear 808.

Keeley is probably just as good. I wish he'd make a custom case option.

his circuit guts are really easy to take out of the box though. you could make a big box and combine a couple effects pretty easily.
  • Options
    Yeah Aqua Puss. Cool.
    aqua-puss was only 300ms.
  • Options
    aqua-puss was only 300ms.

ah. Last night I tried the amp models and delay again in my Boss. I used between 4 and 500 but to be honest 300 is all I really need plus the digital models sound muddy with pedals. It really makes me love my orange hearing it recorded. Clear as a bell, A little reverb and delay heaven. If I could only write good words.
  • Options
    i like the 350-450ms range.

keep the music. the words will come eventually.
  • Options
    i like the 350-450ms range.

keep the music. the words will come eventually.

yeah I think I'll put it on the computer and burn some non worded demos. Let my buddy put words to it.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    his circuit guts are really easy to take out of the box though. you could make a big box and combine a couple effects pretty easily.

You should build a custom combo of the two Keeley pedals I want to get, and true-bypass the mothers... eh? An 808 mod and a Baked mod Tubescreamer. What's your take?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    You should build a custom combo of the two Keeley pedals I want to get, and true-bypass the mothers... eh? An 808 mod and a Baked mod Tubescreamer. What's your take?

it would be a bitch b/c of the switching systems on the tubescreamers but it could be done i'm sure. i tried to figure out that type of switching on an old DOD i took apart and i couldn't do it.
  • Options
    it would be a bitch b/c of the switching systems on the tubescreamers but it could be done i'm sure. i tried to figure out that type of switching on an old DOD i took apart and i couldn't do it.

not to much of a problem. just find a true bypass mod. vaughn does it, Keeley and Analog man. In a new case there is no worry of placement. Usually you must drill the Ibanez logo, you can put the's switches anywhere. What woule really be awesome is a Master Volume between the two only working when both are on. You could have feedback on your entire volume knob on the guitar.
  • Options
    i still couldn't figure out how to wire it to a normal stompswitch. of course, i didn't have a schematic either.
  • Options
    Well, if I got them with the True-Bypass mod from Keeley, you could just put them in a two-fer box, right? And could you make them independant, so I could use A, B, or both? And keep the cool LED's?
  • Options
    i still couldn't figure out how to wire it to a normal stompswitch. of course, i didn't have a schematic either.

same as every other switch. It has the same kind of leads. Want me to send you a pic of the DD?
  • Options
    Well, if I got them with the True-Bypass mod from Keeley, you could just put them in a two-fer box, right? And could you make them independant, so I could use A, B, or both? And keep the cool LED's?

wouldn't be too hard i guess. as long as the circuit boards were mounted properly in the new box. you should ask him if he's tried such a thing. since you're buying two, i'd think he'd listen.

i don't know why he doesn't offer the maxons too since they already are TB.
  • Options
    same as every other switch. It has the same kind of leads. Want me to send you a pic of the DD?

sure. it's FET switching though, not mechanical. it's kinda weird. generally, the bypass is good enough that no one bothers.
  • Options
    Yeah, goddamn Robert Keeley...

;)

Actually, since he's already got that Hammond box thing going on, he probably could just build it that way for cheap...
  • Options
    Yeah, goddamn Robert Keeley...

;)

Actually, since he's already got that Hammond box thing going on, he probably could just build it that way for cheap...

he should be able to. i doubt it would be cheap though. i know i'm not cracking open $350 dollars worth of pedals though. :)

i want to put his compressor and my pharaoh boost in one box though. that i know i can do.
  • Options
    why not just remove the FET switch's and modify the new box to accomodate them? I swear if you find the schematic though It's possible to true bypass them
  • Options
    you could use plunger actuators to hit the FET switch. looks just like mechanical stomps. line6 uses them in their modellers. i'm sure these things are relatively simple with the right knowledge and tools. i just don't have either.
  • Options
    you could use plunger actuators to hit the FET switch. looks just like mechanical stomps. line6 uses them in their modellers. i'm sure these things are relatively simple with the right knowledge and tools. i just don't have either.

he he, he said plunger.