Sittin’ On The Dock of the Bay

One of the best covers PJ has ever done and they’ve played it just one time in TN in 94.  How about busting that one out again to honor Otis at the Apollo? 
"I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer

Comments

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    good call, was an awesome cover.  Had it on a bootleg from way back..loved it
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    Best cover!  But let's hold it to 9/11 when more people are around at MSG
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    Would be an awesome cover for the Apollo.
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 281
    It is a great cover.  I got it off napster back in the day.  Still have it copied on a CD along with a bunch of other random rarities.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • JayfesukJayfesuk Posts: 97
    I think I first heard that on the bootleg called unplugged & undrugged.
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    Am I the only one that thinks the band is just going to play Gigaton in its entirety and like 3 or 4 greatest hits at Apollo and then walk off stage?
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,808
    Great cover! Bought a soundboard bootleg of Atlanta ‘94 back in the day, and it was filled out with this and Believe You Me (and a hand full of other tracks). 

That would be awesome!
  • AlaG said:
    Am I the only one that thinks the band is just going to play Gigaton in its entirety and like 3 or 4 greatest hits at Apollo and then walk off stage?
    That's been my assumption as well. Maybe not Comes Then Goes but would not be surprised if they play the majority of the album. Then maybe 4-5 more songs. 

I'm selfishly* hoping that they take it somewhat easy that night so Ed's voice is fresh for MSG

*unless of course I win tickets and then all bets are off :)
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,442
    Great cover and would be very appropriate for the Apollo! I’m thinking the setlist will look something like 4-5 acoustic songs to open, then Gigaton in it’s entirely (including comes then goes, fingers crossed), and then 4-5 hits to close. 
  • I magine they were influenced by Neil Young playing it om the -93 tour?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"