Anyone still waiting on a Baltimore refund?

My credit card that I used to purchase my Baltimore tickets was closed. Since the card was closed my bank rejected the refund Ticketmaster tried to send since there was no card to apply the credit to. In March I was told to expect a refund check in 8-12 weeks. Today, 21 weeks after the initial timeline, I got an update to expect a refund in 8-12 weeks. Anyone else waiting, or have an escalation point to get a refund?
YoungJam35

Comments

• YoungJam35YoungJam35 Posts: 151
    Anyone have any tips how to expedite the refund from ticketmaster?
    YoungJam35
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,933
    I don’t have any tips.  But that is ridiculous.  Sorry it’s been such an ordeal to get the refund. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    edited August 2022
    Contact someone at Ticketmaster, if they say 8-12 weeks again take down their name and ask to speak to their manager.  If they refuse tell them the next call will be from your lawyer.  If you speak to the manager and they still say 8-12 weeks after you explain all that you have done to this point (speak calmly but confidently) again tell them your next call will be from your lawyer.  If the manager is a dick then tell them off with choice language and tell them the next call will be from your lawyer.  Sadly I had a similar situation with a bank that was holding my money in a similar fashion for way too long and until I started being a dick nothing got resolved.  Then magically it did.  I yelled at someone that didn’t deserve it but I did it as I was so frustrated if had to be done in that manner. I hated having to do it that way but trying to be reasonable got me nowhere
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • YoungJam35YoungJam35 Posts: 151
    pjhawks said:
    Contact someone at Ticketmaster, if they say 8-12 weeks again take down their name and ask to speak to their manager.  If they refuse tell them the next call will be from your lawyer.  If you speak to the manager and they still say 8-12 weeks after you explain all that you have done to this point (speak calmly but confidently) again tell them your next call will be from your lawyer.  If the manager is a dick then tell them off with choice language and tell them the next call will be from your lawyer.  Sadly I had a similar situation with a bank that was holding my money in a similar fashion for way too long and until I started being a dick nothing got resolved.  Then magically it did.  I yelled at someone that didn’t deserve it but I did it as I was so frustrated if had to be done in that manner. I hated having to do it that way but trying to be reasonable got me nowhere
    Thanks. I've escalated once and they reset the timeline.  I've asked for another escalation.  Worst part is ticketmaster admitted they messed up and processed the refund wrong, so the 21 week delay already is their fault, but they won't further speed up processing of the refund. 
    YoungJam35