SONG REQUEST: Please play “Light Years” at MSG for my best friend, Joe

ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
edited August 2022 in The Porch

In January of this year, I lost one of my best friends, Joe. We’d been close friends for almost 30 years, first bonding over our shared love of Pearl Jam and U2, way back in 1992. Over the years, Joe and I had gone to more concerts than I can count, including just about every time Pearl Jam rolled through town in NYC or Long Island. 

Joe was supposed to be at the MSG show with me, his brother, and another of our best friends, Ben. In fact, when tickets to the show seemed impossible to get, Joe was the one who managed to secure four for us. 

Unfortunately, in the intervening years, Joe sadly passed away. His brother died suddenly on Christmas Day. Joe passed shortly after, of what we think was a broken heart from losing his younger brother. 

My friends and I are going to the concert at MSG on September 11, to rock out in Joe’s memory. We’re hoping the band can play the song, “Light Years,” in his honor. Joe really was a light that made all of us — those who knew him, loved him, and were loved by him — shine. 

The song took on extra prescience in light of this picture:

That’s Joe, at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame museum, last October. He and I had driven out from Long Island to Cleveland to see the Foo Fighters get inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. 

Please, if there’s any way to get this message to the band, it would mean the world to me and my friends to hear this song at the concert. Thanks for your help. 

✌🏼❤️
Post edited by ymalkiel on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Hope you get it, wonderful song

take care
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    So sorry for your loss man.

Let's make this happen.
  • ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    Thanks. Currently at the RHCP show at MetLife with his sons. 
    ✌🏼❤️
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,442
    ymalkiel said:
    Thanks. Currently at the RHCP show at MetLife with his sons. 
    I was there as well! So sorry for your loss. Hope you get it. Would be a very appropriate tribute. 
  • ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    Bump for two weeks out. 
    ✌🏼❤️
  • One week bump. Please. 
    ✌🏼❤️
  • Day before the show bump. Thanks. 
    ✌🏼❤️
  • Day of show bump. 
    ✌🏼❤️
  • All righty, folks. It’s just hours before showtime. One of our friends wasn’t able to make it, and is giving away his ticket for FREE!! First one to PM gets it. Can transfer through Ticketmaster. 
    ✌🏼❤️