Options

the budgie song

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
we were talking about birds on tape earlier so here you go. apologies for the dream machine.

and this whole thing is a rip-off of "is this music?" by teenage fanclub.

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/mp3/The%20Budgie%20Song.mp3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stereo budgies yet!
    Nice one Exhausted!
    :)

Cheers man!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    you should hear the kids now when i play it on the computer. they hear these recorded birds over the speakers and just start screetching!

Get the mike out.......Budgie overdubs!!:D
    Be kind, man

i don't have those budgies anymore (i gave them to a coworker a while ago b/c at the time i had three cages going and it was too many but they were a lot of fun.

the budgies i have now actually like each other though so that's a bonus.
  • Options
    that's actually how i got the birds to squawk so much when i recorded it. i got a couple chirps on tape and then looped it to get them wound up.

i don't have those budgies anymore (i gave them to a coworker a while ago b/c at the time i had three cages going and it was too many but they were a lot of fun.

the budgies i have now actually like each other though so that's a bonus.

Better to have happy ones than that angry squawking. My parrot was so piercing when she started screaming. That was the main disadvantage of having one.

I have one friend that used to call my answering machine and yell into it to get my bird all riled up. So I started calling his to get his dog going. I'd go. "get the couch,,, go get it, go boy, rip it up. The dog would go crazy and wreck something in his house!
    Be kind, man
    i wish i'd made this song longer and actually put a little thought into it. it was kinda of a throwaway but all the guitarmonies kinda sound cool. i hadn't listened to this in a good 2 years at least.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Cool. Greg.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    i wish i'd made this song longer and actually put a little thought into it. it was kinda of a throwaway but all the guitarmonies kinda sound cool. i hadn't listened to this in a good 2 years at least.

I like it... rock 'n roll birds. Very cool.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    oh i remember this - i don't know if anyone knows - but a few years ago, greg sent me two disks - of his music - and they still have a place in the console slot in my car - great stuff - and this song is cool as well -

great guitar tones -
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours