Options

creative gear review

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm not going to lie to you, because ol' Rip is no liar. I like to sit by a trickling creek sometimes, alone with my thoughts about some nice piece that I saw at the club the other night, and whip out my black Takamine acoustic and pen a power love ballad. But how can I translate such sublime thoughts live on stage? My SIGNATURE Randy Rhoads Jackson V can't cover such tender territory. I need a pickup for my black Takamine acoustic that could get the job done. Ladies, my sweet melodies are brought to yo courtesy of the Dean Markley SC-1 soundhole pickup...
Well, I gotta rubber band a lot of newspapers before I can get one of those Trace Elliot deals, so for now I have to stick to my 5150. Fortunately, the Dean Markley makes sure every oozing, gooey ounce of love and tranquility arrive unhindered to all of the little rock sluts in the audience. Let me tell you something...you know the acoustic part in "Every Rose Has Its Thorn"? Picture Jesus playing it. Now picture Jesus playing it on a really nice acoustic, like one of those Epiphone Hummingbirds. This is what this pickup sounds like...
This pickup is used for the more sensitive me...like when I'm looking to get some and have to suck up by playing Tesla's "Love Song" on a 6 string acoustic...
This pickup is very versatile. I put a nice shiner on my little borther Randy when I swung it around like a lasso and knocked him right in the face after I caught him blowing his nose on my Slash's Snakepit concert tee.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GouletGoulet Posts: 918
    i envy you
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    I'm not going to lie to you, because ol' Rip is no liar. I like to sit by a trickling creek sometimes, alone with my thoughts about some nice piece that I saw at the club the other night, and whip out my black Takamine acoustic and pen a power love ballad. But how can I translate such sublime thoughts live on stage? My SIGNATURE Randy Rhoads Jackson V can't cover such tender territory. I need a pickup for my black Takamine acoustic that could get the job done. Ladies, my sweet melodies are brought to yo courtesy of the Dean Markley SC-1 soundhole pickup...
    Well, I gotta rubber band a lot of newspapers before I can get one of those Trace Elliot deals, so for now I have to stick to my 5150. Fortunately, the Dean Markley makes sure every oozing, gooey ounce of love and tranquility arrive unhindered to all of the little rock sluts in the audience. Let me tell you something...you know the acoustic part in "Every Rose Has Its Thorn"? Picture Jesus playing it. Now picture Jesus playing it on a really nice acoustic, like one of those Epiphone Hummingbirds. This is what this pickup sounds like...
    This pickup is used for the more sensitive me...like when I'm looking to get some and have to suck up by playing Tesla's "Love Song" on a 6 string acoustic...
    This pickup is very versatile. I put a nice shiner on my little borther Randy when I swung it around like a lasso and knocked him right in the face after I caught him blowing his nose on my Slash's Snakepit concert tee.

:rolleyes: :)

I don't know who wrote that but it's funny. It's either a guy that favors Bret Michaels or Sebastian Bach.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it's one of the gems found on HC in the review database.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    it's one of the gems found on HC in the review database.

absolutely fabulous. Rip is no liar. I bet he's in an 80's metal cover band. Sounds like a funny guy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    That review was indeed hilarious, I like the part when he talks to the "ladies"...

http://www.theonion.com

http:/www.homestarrunner.com

for more hilarity...

Remember when the reviewer guy talked to the "ladies"? ....that was awesome.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com