Options

boss pedals are the best b/c...

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
you can hide weed in the battery compartment.

that is all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    you can hide weed in the battery compartment.

that is all.

THAT"S what happened to the weed! I forgot to check before I sold the Chorus.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    it's a fabulous idea really. all the kids should know about it. i mean, who's parents are gonna look in the battery compartment?

Perhaps Cheech Marin or Ronnie Chong?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    it's a fabulous idea really. all the kids should know about it. i mean, who's parents are gonna look in the battery compartment?

Hmm, the parent that bought my Chorus pedal!
    Be kind, man
    hahaha maybe that's why they made them like that. I like boss pedals though. I've had a DS-1 ever since I started playing. I've always wanted a CE-5 Chorus Ensemble. My cousin has one and it has a really good sound to it. I'll probably get the MT-2 Metal Zone for christmas and I'll probably play around with that for a while.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i like some of them too. i used to have quite a few. i've cut down though.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I've never really liked Boss pedals, although the DD delays are great... the DS-1 is probably the best mass-manufactured basic distortion... and the prices are pretty good, for the quality. They just aren't my sound... I always liked MXR and Ibanez stuff. I would kinda like to pick up an MXR Distortion some day... or the Maxon copy...

But I wouldn't know about weed-storage... I'm like all straight-edge and stuff...

I thought you Canadians didn't have to worry about hiding the stash anymore...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    we canadians don't really, unless it's a large quantity. i believe under 17 grams (a half ounce) is just a ticket that cops don't like to give (too much paperwork). i sure as heck can't fit that much in my dd3 battery compartment, so i don't think i'ma bother with that.

i used to hide my weed from the parents by putting it in my guitar case... they never found it there.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I used to put my stash in the back of my practice amp. I mean...uhhh....like hypothetically speaking
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    I've always stored my weed and pipe in my guitar case. that way, the guitar is always around when I partake.
  • Options
    I put mine in a double game cd case just the prefect size for scores
    THE SKY IS BLUE,
    and all the leaves are green,
    MY HEARTS AS FULL AS A BAKED POTATO.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I mark mine with EVIDENCE.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    heh... i keep my J's in the battery compartment of my walkmen :D and my booze in socks in a napsack! hahah *only 3 more years.. ill be sharing fridge with Dad!! hahahaha
    ->Canadian*Pearl<-
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    heh, i remember hiding my weed in the back of my practice amp too... that and my cigarettes, since i couldn't let the parents know i smoked.
  • Options
    um, I guess returning to the topic...

MT-2 is a decent pedal, but the Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-9 is a much better sound. The MT-2 just doesn't get a very full sound, but you can get really cool feedback... to be honest thats the best part about it, the feedback...

But yeah, speaking as someone who has had a lot of experience with both pedals...

TS-9>MT-2
    PresiWAH of the Evenflow Fan Club
    Don't need a hand, there's always arms attached.
    Don't get behind I can't fall back.
    Why must we trust all these rusted rails?
    They don't want no change. We already have.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Originally posted by Flizank

MT-2 is a decent pedal, but the Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-9 is a much better sound. The MT-2 just doesn't get a very full sound, but you can get really cool feedback... to be honest thats the best part about it, the feedback...

But yeah, speaking as someone who has had a lot of experience with both pedals...

TS-9>MT-2

The MT-2 was my very first pedal. It's not horrible but to me it was more of a one trick poney. I wanted something with a lot more range and depth that I could get many different sounds from.

I've heard that Robert Keeley mods MT-2's and makes them sound leaps and bounds better than stock. I have one of is Boss Ultra DS-1 mods and think it sounds so much better than the stock DS-1. I'd like to get one of his blues driver mods or one of his TubeScreamer mods.

But if we're arguing stock vs stock I'd go with a TS-9
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    Originally posted by Flizank

TS-9>MT-2

Actually, the topic WAS "weed in the battery compartment."
    : )

But I agree, I love the ts-9
    Be kind, man