Options

RIP Olivia Newton John

GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
While not a huge fan of her music, that Grease soundtrack got a lot of play on my little record player when I was a kid. 

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    R.I.P.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    GlowGirl said:
    While not a huge fan of her music, that Grease soundtrack got a lot of play on my little record player when I was a kid. 

I’m a guy but I fully admit to liking Grease and some of the songs.  Summer Nights and You’re the One That I Want are great songs.  And Hopelessly Devoted to You is a guilty pleasure of mine.  Those songs take me back to a simpler time.

RIP Olivia 
  • Options
    Rip olivia newton john
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    I wasn't a huge fan, but Juliana Hatfield is a huge fan and I'm a big fan of her so there must be something there I missed.  I'll have to give Olivia a further listen.  R.I.P., Olivia
    Primary

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    Loved her in Grease.  Had a hit or 2 in the 80's that were typical 80's songs.

RIP
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    pjhawks said:
    GlowGirl said:

I’m a guy but I fully admit to liking Grease and some of the songs.  Summer Nights and You’re the One That I Want are great songs.  And Hopelessly Devoted to You is a guilty pleasure of mine.  Those songs take me back to a simpler time.

RIP Olivia 
    Same....I was absolutely in love with her when I was a kid
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497
    Rip

fought hard for 30+ yrs
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    Sad news.
    RIP.
    And fuck you cancer.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Funny story. My son takes pitching classes on Monday evenings at a local baseball practice facility. The facility usually has hip-hop, pop, r&b, and basically more contemporary music that your average teenage boy would enjoy taking their hacks and getting in their reps to. Well, yesterday, we walked in, and the boys were in the cages crushing the ball to "Hopelessly Devoted to You." :lol:

RIP, ONJ.
    I SAW PEARL JAM