Options

brainstorm: telecaster wiring ideas

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
bought duncan vintage stacks for my tele.

they're four conductor. i've got a DPDT toggle doing circuit mute at this time.

i don't have, but could get, a 4-way blade switch. just have the 3-way now.

any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I just cut my Tele down to a single pickup in the bridge and bypassed the switch, so I'm afraid I can't help you...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the four conductors can be split right? I'd set up two of the blades to split coils and the other 2 to split phase.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    the four conductors can be split right? I'd set up two of the blades to split coils and the other 2 to split phase.

you mean positions of a 4-way right?
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    you mean positions of a 4-way right?

yeah that's right.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    cool. i'm going to try to draw a few things out. i thought about getting concentric pots and a blend pot but i don't like the feel of those concentrics after using them on my jazzbastard.

you can split the coils. however, whether the behaviour of the coils in a stacked would be the same as that of traditional side by side HBs i don't know. all i can do is try. it's just solder.
  • Options
    I know you can tap stacked pickups... I don't personally get the point, but they wanted to do it to my Tele... I just wanted a simple setup. Volume and Tone, that's it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    cool. i'm going to try to draw a few things out. i thought about getting concentric pots and a blend pot but i don't like the feel of those concentrics after using them on my jazzbastard.

you can split the coils. however, whether the behaviour of the coils in a stacked would be the same as that of traditional side by side HBs i don't know. all i can do is try. it's just solder.

yeah, phase is pretty cool. Stacked should be the exact same behaviour it's just stacked rather than side by side. Either way you have 2 coils.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I know you can tap stacked pickups... I don't personally get the point, but they wanted to do it to my Tele... I just wanted a simple setup. Volume and Tone, that's it!

versitility. single coil and HB tone in one guitar.

If you like HB tone only. all you need is volume and tone and maybe a phase switch.

I personally want to try that TBX tone ciruit from fender to overdrive from the guitar.
  • Options
    I keep coming back to Keep It Simple, Stupid!