Options

62strat - about the pedalboard

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
i found a cheaper price on those cases. if you haven't ordered it already.

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/category.html?UCIDs=1275178

i only *just* found this. i didn't know about it before. sorry.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    you complete ass.....

just kidding, havent orded it yet.....printing that off right now...grazi
  • Options
    does the top go anywhere when its open? or just pop open like a briefcase??

jsut wondering how it will work...kind of a stupid question...
  • Options
    Originally posted by 62strat
    does the top go anywhere when its open? or just pop open like a briefcase??

just wondering how it will work...kind of a stupid question...

just hinges that come apart when you open it fully. so you'd just have the bottom in front of you.

glad i found this in time then. i think these are the guys that actually make them and it's significantly cheaper.
  • Options
    cool, so then i jst need to purchase the power strip separaetly at any hardware store..how do i attach that and where woul dyou suggest?

i have a picture of stones pedalboard from 2000 that i took when i was on stage before the show:) if you are interested...
  • Options
    would you suggest large or wide? with 8 pedals as of now
  • Options
    i'd just attach the power bar with velcro. probably the easiest.

as for the large or wide, lay out the pedals the way you like them and measure the rectangle leaving a bit for expansion of your collection. if you like having two rows, i'd go with the deeper one but otherwise i think 8 would fit across the wider one. there is still enough room to put utility stuff like the tuner and whatnot in a second row.

i'd love to see stone's board.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i'd love to see stone's board.

Stone's board is fucked up... no distortion, no overdrive, except the on-board channel switching of the Trentino. He just uses a selection of compressors for his overdrive, with a bit of help from the Trentino/Savage combo. That guy is totally a flavor of the month kinda guy... always changing it up...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    well tell me how you would like it sent to you...its actually from the 2000 tour so hhe has the sonic distortion, tsdx and the 69 fulltone amongst many other goodies...

where do i put the damn cables for the power strip? do i rig it through awhole so its not bulging out of the case to plug it in or whats up with that? how should i go about doing it?
  • Options
    Did that make any sense? i just havent really looked at a board like this up close. not sure how i go about "installing" the power strip as in...the outlet and where that goes, is there a hole or somthing i can rig it through? im gonna go to my nerest guitar shop today and talk with someone about running the daisy chain..or whatever works best...
  • Options
    i think i would just tuck the cord in to close the case. shouldn't be a problem. i'll try to find a picture of what i mean.

as for the power supply, i'm beginning to think using the godlyke might be a better option. still cheap and more stable. apparently, daisy chaining off the TU-2 may cause problems if you're running too many pedals. the issue if whether the power supply running the TU-2 can supply enough current.

i just don't know. i've daisy chained quite a few off my NS-2 and never had a problem but i've never had them all on at once either.

good idea to talk to someone locally too.

sorry i didn't see this sooner, i wasn't around later last night and got to work late today.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    check out the dunlop DC power brick. 7 pedal outs and 3 18V outs.

$70

http://www.musictoyz.com/dunlopps.htm
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    check out the dunlop DC power brick. 7 pedal outs and 3 18V outs.

$70

http://www.musictoyz.com/dunlopps.htm

I linked that on another post... it always looked pretty good. If I was in the market, that's what I'd get. MFG site:
    http://www.jimdunlop.com/site/products/electronics/mxr/products/dcb10.html

It's got power conditioning, and it's variable between 100 and 240 volts (for int'l use). Of course, I've only got a tubescreamer (will have two) and a pair of MXR toys.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I linked that on another post... it always looked pretty good. If I was in the market, that's what I'd get. MFG site:
    http://www.jimdunlop.com/site/products/electronics/mxr/products/dcb10.html

It's got power conditioning, and it's variable between 100 and 240 volts (for int'l use). Of course, I've only got a tubescreamer (will have two) and a pair of MXR toys.

3 18v outs kind of sell me. Direct Drive and Keeley Rat2 running at 18V *grinchlike smile* Anybody want a powerall?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i'm putting my vote behind the dc brick at this point as well.

still doesn't power line6 pedals but that's not an issue for 62.
  • Options
    i'm putting my vote behind the dc brick at this point as well.

Ok so maybe I keep the Powerall and get a DC Brick.
  • Options

What voltage does the Line 6 stuff run at?
  • Options
    What voltage does the Line 6 stuff run at?

well, it runs 4 'C' battery which would be 6V but it's high current or something. normal 9VDC adapters don't work. 2.5mm jack too.
  • Options
    well, it runs 4 'C' battery which would be 6V but it's high current or something. normal 9VDC adapters don't work. 2.5mm jack too.

Probably high amperage... that does suck, though. I wonder how Mike has his powered up? Of course, when you're McCready... Shit, when you can get Trentino to build you a custom amp, you can do anything...
  • Options
    YA THE power brick seems like it will work for me....and hell its christmas so bring it on...

now, how do i run my pedals in to that thing? do i just plug each pedal in separetly to the outputs? sorry, im a pro pedal board virgin...

just figuring out what else i need to get to make this thing go...

i do need more right angle connectors...
  • Options
    http://www.effectsforless.com/powersupplies

Yo!

Line 6 is 9VoltsAC or 9VAC.

Check out the adaptors here. My powerall will run them it's reverse polarity.
  • Options
    Probably high amperage... that does suck, though. I wonder how Mike has his powered up? Of course, when you're McCready... Shit, when you can get Trentino to build you a custom amp, you can do anything...

i really don't know. i assuming power supplies are hiding underneath somewhere. or maybe he's all batteries. when you have money and techs, you can use batteries all the time. none of the pictures i've seen are clear enough to tell if power cables are in there.

i can see power blocks on stone's board though.
  • Options
    Mike uses Magic not power.
  • Options
    http://www.effectsforless.com/powersupplies

Yo!

Line 6 is 9VoltsAC or 9VAC.

Check out the adaptors here. My powerall will run them it's reverse polarity.

it may be reverse polarity but it ain't AC.
  • Options
  • Options
    http://www.musictoyz.com/adl.htm

see juicebox.

then how in the hell does it run on batteries too.
  • Options
    "The specifications of the power supply are:
    9VAC (Alternating Current), 1200 milliamps, minimum. The center pin diameter is 2.5mm. "

"The Stomp Box Modelers will also work under DC (Direct Current) at 9V, 300 milliamps minimum. The center pin is positive."

well, we're both right i guess.
  • Options
    "The Stomp Box Modelers will also work under DC (Direct Current) at 9V, 300 milliamps minimum. The center pin is positive."

You're right I was just going on what I saw. Aparently the biggest problem with line 6 stompboxes is that power supply circuitry.
  • Options
    see edit. it'll run on both.

there was a bad run of line6 stomps near the beginning apparently and a lot of them died. mine's been fine though.