Metallica - Lolla

I was lucky enough to get into the Snake Pit last night and I think Metallica spoiled live music for me forever. I was at the rail and obvious to the 100k behind me. I was floored. Immersed. Astonished. What is rail time at PJ like? I was ten feet from these guys. I had a better view of their musical acumen than the live feed of the show I watched later. I had no clue there were videos and pyro technics. I was stone sober and just living in the moment. My next show is PJ in St. Louis and I'm worried. Do I need to just go all out for GA? But I'm lazy and the snake pit was easy....I'm telling you this was transcendent. 
98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    I've never had rail, but being up close at concerts has always made for a better experience for me.    Many people say that being in the room is good enough, but to me there's always something magical about being up close in the shit with the die hard fans.   It's why I try so hard to get good tickets to the shows I go to :)