Wow, that was quick!

Good luck.

Nice looking guitar, man!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

sounds great, it's just not for me.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    That's a fucking awesome guitar for $800 bucks. You're taking a hit aren't you.

If I was left handed I'd be all over it. Ebony Fret board. Hot P-90's

I can't believe you're giving it up. It just must not fit your style.

It is beautiful though.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it cost about $1100US for the parts including all my shipping and customs charges. i'm taking a hit.

the whole thing was a mistake. it just doesn't fit my style at all.

i thought about parting it out but then i think it would be even harder to get rid of.

this will take me down to a strat, a tele, a les paul and a ricky. stick with the classics.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    it cost about $1100US for the parts including all my shipping and customs charges. i'm taking a hit.

the whole thing was a mistake. it just doesn't fit my style at all.

i thought about parting it out but then i think it would be even harder to get rid of.

this will take me down to a strat, a tele, a les paul and a ricky. stick with the classics.

well it was fun to build though huh.

you didn't know at the time. At least you'll get some of it back.

Kind of like breaking up with a girlfriend at least this mistake you can get your money back on. It's going to be a fantastic guitar for someone.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i seriously play my tele 90% of the time when i'm on electric. it won't be a big loss emotionally.

i sat downstairs this morning and played my strat and the jazz. one was going to go and it was pretty clear the strat was going to stay around after a few minutes.

and i just keep thinking of the new taylor 314 i may order some day. i *know* they fit my style.
  • Options
    i seriously play my tele 90% of the time when i'm on electric. it won't be a big loss emotionally.

i sat downstairs this morning and played my strat and the jazz. one was going to go and it was pretty clear the strat was going to stay around after a few minutes.

and i just keep thinking of the new taylor 314 i may order some day. i *know* they fit my style.

I think the 414 is only about 200 bucks more. It just depends on whether you like the Saple mahogany or the Ovangkol better. I used to be obsessed with the 414's then I played my friends 70's vintage D-35. needless to say I can't afford that. I'm looking now into the older cedar top Takamine Santa Fe's they age well but not like a Taylor.

Pity you aren't a church musician. I've met 2 now that were given.

REPEAT GIVEN Taylor 814Ce's For you God may have provided a Presentation Series or a 914 but don't press your luck.

This guy in my parents choir I met last year tells me he plays a little and whips out a Breedlove. I wish I played that little.

The tele suits your style anyway. You can just save money for a while. That Jazzbastard has to scream on an EL-84 or EL-34 amp. Pete Townsend would love it.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Can't believe your selling it. Can't believe I don't want it being a lefty. Oh well, it was nice to see it come to life.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    truth be told, i doubt anyone will buy it.
  • Options

probably the same guy that buys my PH-3
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    I wouldn't buy it if I didn't know who you were... maybe you should place a link to your building threads on this forum and GG... maybe not. But it might help win their trust. I'm not a psychologist though..:)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Sounds to me like you want an excuse to keep it...

"oh, can't get any money out of it, guess I'll have to keep it..."
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    i certainly won't be upset if it doesn't sell but i won't be choked if it goes either.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    if you hadn't made it upside-down, i would be seriously considering this purchase.