Options

bored. made new A/B box

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/A-B%20box.jpg

plastic boxes work. and easier to drill.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    hmm... when I'm bored, I go looking at other people's a/b boxes. I get the feeling you're better off...:)

Nice work.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    in the interests of technical excellence, i used a DPDT switch on this which isn't the optimum choice. i will be putting a 3PDT in and grounding the off position when i get around to buying more switches.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool what is the switch for?

I'm going to try my hand at building something too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    toggle just turns the battery off.
  • Options
    a brilliant addition.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    there was no room for a DC jack and i didn't have any stereo 1/4" jacks. plus i hate unplugging cables anyway.
  • Options
    where do you buy all the supplies?
  • Options
    there's an electronics shop in town that has all this stuff. except for 3PDT and sort of effect-specific chips and things. smallbearelec.com for that stuff if you need it.

i ordered all my stuff for the wah mods from mouser.com though. next time, i'll use small bear.

i just had this stuff lying around. the box is a duncan pickup box.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    there's an electronics shop in town that has all this stuff. except for 3PDT and sort of effect-specific chips and things. smallbearelec.com for that stuff if you need it.

i ordered all my stuff for the wah mods from mouser.com though. next time, i'll use small bear.

i just had this stuff lying around. the box is a duncan pickup box.

hmm. I want to get into it but I don't really know what I'm doing.
  • Options
    just read

generalguitargadgets.com
    tonepad.com
    geofex.com

and fake the rest. it's all low voltage. the worse you'll do is burn your fingers soldering like i did.

and occasionally screw up a wah pedal or two.

i'm going to tackle my tremolo next and upgrade all the capacitors to make it quieter.
  • Options
    true. I guess I should just get the parts lists and go at it I can soldier fine.
  • Options
    it's better than drinkin' though i think the solder fumes do more damage in the end.

you end up learning lot about effects and gaining an appreciation for what it takes to make a good sounding pedal though.