Options

this is so tempting

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
now that i don't have a wedding to pay for.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3705426396&category=33028&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

one of only 41. and i love orchestra bodies.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    those are my favorite too, very comfy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i'll watch it and see what it goes to. they're $2700 new at southpaw i think.

since i got my morgan all fixed up, i've been glued to it. my blood is (literally) in that guitar so if i start gigging again, i'm not using it. it took a beating when i was gigging.
  • Options
    I'm sure the morgan is beautiful. I've never have been able to find one to play down here. I really want a new acoustic I just don't want to spend the money for one. Right now with my bonus I'm buying that new American Deluxe Ash Strat in sunburst because I have wanted one of those for years.

Last weekend I had the pleasure of playing my friends moms 79 Guild all weekend. It sounds just amazing makes me really want an acoustic.

I went to see her friends band play at a little irish pub their regular gig they play in some fashion 5 to 6 nights a week.

It dawns on me that's what I want to do more than anything but my gosh the talent of these people is astounding. I really should take lessons or go take classes I think.

The guy was playing an old Lennon style Gibson with a florentine cutaway. Sounded amazing not to mention his wife just killed on bass. They could pick out and play whatever anyone wanted to hear.

Not to mention they had a mandolin player that could shred on lead and play rhythm too while the guitar player soloed.

check out the straps their buddy made too. http://www.scoopstraps.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    working musicians generally have oodles of talent on their instruments. i admire it. and sometimes i wish i'd do the work to be a better player.

but i'd rather just hide in my basement and write once in a while and see what comes out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    working musicians generally have oodles of talent on their instruments. i admire it. and sometimes i wish i'd do the work to be a better player.

but i'd rather just hide in my basement and write once in a while and see what comes out.

I came back sunday and butchered the shit out of the next to last slot at open mic night. I was very disapointed in myself but then again I didn't know anyone I didn't expect to play and I was drunk. So I'll do better next week.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I came back sunday and butchered the shit out of the next to last slot at open mic night. I was very disapointed in myself but then again I didn't know anyone I didn't expect to play and I was drunk. So I'll do better next week.

i'm planning on hitting one this sunday unless i have to work. just to see how it goes. i live so far away from the scene now though. i used to live right in it so i could go to these things every night if i wanted to.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i'm planning on hitting one this sunday unless i have to work. just to see how it goes. i live so far away from the scene now though. i used to live right in it so i could go to these things every night if i wanted to.

Taking the Taylor?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Taking the Taylor?

depends on what i want to play i guess.
  • Options
    since I still don't have any of my own stuff. I'm thinking maybe I'm one then possibilly Throw your arms around me. Then closing with an easy Buffet tune like Come Monday.