Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    oh. wow. That masterbuilt is nice. It even has a little red in the sunburst like Mike's 59. I'm such a sucker for a 3 color sunburst
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i want the goldtop. i actually don't like the mucho birdseye on the strat neck on closer inspection.

someone emailed me this morning knocking my choice of swamp ash with ebony fretboard on the jazz. ouch.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i want the goldtop. i actually don't like the mucho birdseye on the strat neck on closer inspection.

someone emailed me this morning knocking my choice of swamp ash with ebony fretboard on the jazz. ouch.

why? because of looks or the brightness of the tone. I think it's a fine combo but you know. I love ebony and we all probably like swamp ash all you tele guys anyhow. It's all personal choice hell that guy could sell that neck and get maple and rosewood if he wanted.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mostly a looks thing on the birdseye. it's nice, just not my taste.
  • Options
    mostly a looks thing on the birdseye. it's nice, just not my taste.

I meant your neck not the strats. Yeah I like birdseye ok but I prefer figured (flamed) with a nice dark laquer or tung oil finish.
  • Options
    the guy though the ash and ebony would be too bright. i haven't found that at all. it's right between strat and les paul which is what i wanted.

the only thing i wish i'd done differently is made the neck a little thicker. it's just a hair too small.

and used stacked P90s.
  • Options
    the guy though the ash and ebony would be too bright. i haven't found that at all. it's right between strat and les paul which is what i wanted.

the only thing i wish i'd done differently is made the neck a little thicker. it's just a hair too small.

and used stacked P90s.

exactly. the guy hasn't heard it though he's going on assumption. Rock Maple is dense too. The ebony is just the perfect wood for a fretboard. I think I have a pretty good idea of what it would sound like just a little brighter than the somewhat softer ebony of a les paul neck. Probably balances well with the stacked (really fat) P-90's now where's my Hiwatt?
  • Options
    the cream pickguard is a nice touch too.
  • Options
    http://users.belgacom.net/john.johansson/Fender.htm click on a pic for a closer look

I know it's a rather strange way to show a used guitar for sale, but I found this one here in Belgium for 1200 euros:

1978 fender telecaster left handed | candy apple red | serial nr S822844 | pots 350 1 MEG A R1377848 (both) | neck nr 13033481

original pick ups | non original switch tip (broadcaster style) | vintage thermometer case |

all original delivery papers (manual,hangtags,warrantly,etc) included | occasionally used since 1982
  • Options
    cool! i'd just need the bigsby and it would look just like stone's old red one from SVT. i think it's heinous that i can't get a rosewood necked american standard tele these days.
  • Options
    i think it's heinous that i can't get a rosewood necked american standard tele these days.

mine's a 1993 rosewood american standard:

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL70/1496155/2855483/39472030.jpg

the green is a bit sparkling because of the flash
  • Options
    you can right-handed. but not left-handed. maple only for us.
  • Options
    you can right-handed. but not left-handed. maple only for us.

that's just lame
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I kinda like the birdseye, but it seems a bit over the top. Very pretty for someone looking for that style.

But the '57 RI is damned nice. I would love that guitar... in the righty version, of course.

I don't really like flame-tops, so you can have all of that one.

My two teles kick all those other teles' asses... hehehe...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.