here's what's going on ebay tonight.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
let me know if there is something you want before i put them up in a few hours.

- keeley compressor
- boss GE-7
- boss NS-2 (old japanese one)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    how much?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    $175 for the keeley - mint
    $50 for the GE-7 - couple nicks. works perfectly. runs on a PCA.
    $60 for the NS-2 - the odd nick and scratch. works perfectly. runs on a PCA.

+ whatever for shipping at cost depending on where it's going.
    I need a compressor and the GE-7 maybe too.

I still have to get rid of the dyna/comp though.

That's really fair if not great pricing.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    that's what i'm going to set the "buy it now" at for each of them. i never use the NS-2 anymore and i have two GE-7s and only use one so i'm keeping the older, japanese one for myself.

the keeley is awesome but i'm having better results my amp's speaker mic through my rack compressor. it's just what i prefer. it's been in my chain the whole time but i can't remember the last time i used it. i get a lot of compression from the fact that i drive my amp so hard anyway.
    yeah, I may just still go with the original plan of fixing the Dyna Comp because it's pretty much worthless with out it, but I love the sound. Especially on a strat. It's going to cost me 100 to get the DC modded I know it's a transistor and maybe a pot but I'm not exactly sure.

The Keeley is really among the best pedal compressors you can buy if you like that kind of squeezed sound. I'll think about it.
    oh and i played the carmen ghia through a 1x12" this weekend. muey nice.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    oh and i played the carmen ghia through a 1x12" this weekend. muey nice.

It's a lot more responsive and lively than you'd think in looking at it huh.

Z is truely a minimalist.
    it's groovy but in the end i decided not to do it. and then the launch pad appeared on ebay this morning so i'll just drive the silliness out of one side of my DR instead.

i'd love to get one someday though. it was so creamy. i know why house loves his so much now.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    yeah, I may just still go with the original plan of fixing the Dyna Comp because it's pretty much worthless with out it, but I love the sound. Especially on a strat. It's going to cost me 100 to get the DC modded I know it's a transistor and maybe a pot but I'm not exactly sure.

The Keeley is really among the best pedal compressors you can buy if you like that kind of squeezed sound. I'll think about it.

Hey paco, if you need work done on your dynacomp, I can do it for you. What’s the problem with it? I'll give it a run down and see what's wrong, and if you’re looking for the ross mods, I can do that too. I have all the schematics for them, so it won’t be too hard. I’ll have to check and see what parts I have and if I’d need to order any. What transistor types are in your dcomp? Again, I’ll do it for cheap like with mig’s phase 90. paying 100 bucks is ridiculous. Maybe I can send you one of my overdrives or compressor prototypes back with it too. You could try them out for a couple days and send em back. If you can let go of them that is. ;) I really want you guys to hear these things. Which reminds me that I need to get some good recording gear.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Sure. I can do that. The dyna comp has that classic dyna comp pumping sound which sucks and the Ross dosen't have. That's one problem but I like the overall sound of the DC. The problem is it fizzes out and makes a crackling sound when engaged whether the pot is moved or not. At first I thought it was just a dirty pot but I have cleaned and lubed them thoroughly and the problem persists so I'm pretty sure it's either a resistor or a transistor or some kind of bad soldier joint somewhere.

I'll send it to you then. I want to try out your overdrive anyway.

I'could rip a few soundclips off of the BR-532. It's very cold and digital but then again now days what isnt?
    i wish i'd known tele was working on a phase90 clone (with added goodies). otherwise i wouldn't have bought one this weekend. :)
    Indeed, Ex. I'd love to here the vibrato mod on the Phase 90 especially mic'd into the PA.

Tele here are the mods I was considering. Looks like he just put all the parts in like a ross and upgraded the caps for higher fidelity.

http://www.analogman.com/rossmod.htm
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Hey, I have a FUNCTIONING Dyna-Comp that I'm not using anymore... any takers? Tele, want one to fuck around with?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    well, the keeley went for $180 within 12 hours. not bad. paid for my launch pad and small clone.
    well, the keeley went for $180 within 12 hours. not bad. paid for my launch pad and small clone.

I thought as much. That's the same price as the cheapest one with the red led and military discount. They are great compressors but I think you don't use the squeeze as much, you probably like the more smooth less effected rack and opto compressors.

The boost in the Launch Pad I hope is awesome.

I'm considered his Tone Press for a while but I have to fix and sell the DC first.
    the keeley was awesome but it just wasn't getting used. and i've spent so much lately that i thought i should free some cash up. looks like the NS-2 is going to go soon too.
    the keeley was awesome but it just wasn't getting used. and i've spent so much lately that i thought i should free some cash up. looks like the NS-2 is going to go soon too.

that's the idea though. If it's not being used It can't stay around. It's a good way to finance the new stuff I think.
    my new signal chain won't even have the BD-2 in most of the time. :eek: i'm keeping it though.

i'm planning on going

volume -> CE-2 (or small clone) -> phase90 (or small stone) -> DL4 -> launch pad (channel switching with boost)

i'll keep my wah, DS-1, muff, classA (trying to think of a way to wire that into my strat) and FX96 b/c i like them and i've modified most of them so wouldn't get anything for them anyway.
    and now the NS-2 is gone.
    my new signal chain won't even have the BD-2 in most of the time. :eek: i'm keeping it though.

i'm planning on going

volume -> CE-2 (or small clone) -> phase90 (or small stone) -> DL4 -> launch pad (channel switching with boost)

i'll keep my wah, DS-1, muff, classA (trying to think of a way to wire that into my strat) and FX96 b/c i like them and i've modified most of them so wouldn't get anything for them anyway.

Could you wire the Class A boost into the pot cavity there seems to be plenty of room? You could just swap out the volume or tone pot kind of like the TBX on the Clapton Strat. I think the volume pot would be the easiest.
    Could you wire the Class A boost into the pot cavity there seems to be plenty of room? You could just swap out the volume or tone pot kind of like the TBX on the Clapton Strat. I think the volume pot would be the easiest.

that's what i'm thinking. taking one tone pot out, making the other one a master tone. i'd have master volume, a master tone and then the gain control for the boost. i could use one of the toggles as an on/off for the boost.

everything should fit. the only tricky thing might be the stereo jack b/c i'd need to use it to cut the battery when the guitar's not plugged in. and finding a place for the battery.
    Hmm, easiest but perhaps tacky would be cutting a hole in the Pickguard and droping in a quick change battery box, It'd be cool if you could comehow squeeze it in the tremolo cavity because it'd suck to take the pickguard off to change the battery.
    Hmm, easiest but perhaps tacky would be cutting a hole in the Pickguard and droping in a quick change battery box, It'd be cool if you could comehow squeeze it in the tremolo cavity because it'd suck to take the pickguard off to change the battery.

yup. looked at it tonight. no room for a battery without making it look ooogly. oh well.
    Glue it to the body Bo Diddly style :D