Options

new maxon analog delay

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
they've commissioned their own chip. 900ms. i'm sure, like all maxon pedals, it will be heinously overpriced outside of japan.
http://www.maxon.co.jp/Maxon_AD999/new_analog_delay.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Lovely, to be priced around $399 right?

That should be on the big 18v so whatever the downsides to the long delay time out of one chip are should be masked by the high voltage.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    try $600 maybe. the 600ms one is at least $400.

ridiculous. godlyke cranks the price on these things.

i'll take two DL4s please.
  • Options
    600? WTF. we need to figure out how to get more voltage in a more reliable way from Line 6. You've pretty much sold me on it.

The DL4 is becoming more and more popular with giging pros. It's replacing all the Boss DD's
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    the fact that mike, purist as he has been pretty much to this point, has a DL4 and an MM4 on his board speaks volumes. not that i was thrilled with the MM4.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the fact that mike, purist as he has been pretty much to this point, has a DL4 and an MM4 on his board speaks volumes. not that i was thrilled with the MM4.

yeah a lot of pro's have both of those on the boards. I think when the mm-4 goes through a few nice amps and preamps etc. It must sound pretty good (full volume maybe) Perhaps it just doesn't sound good on brighter amps. Consider the digital crispness that isn't really what we like in modulation effects. 4 stage phasers (Phase 90) aren't bright at all. We like darker warmer stuff so the MM-4 isn't going to do that. What ever ju ju they used for the DL-4 doesn't translate to the mm-4 but the purple one looks interesting too.