crazy mary cover

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
just recorded this. only notable really for anyone that followed my wah pedal modifications b/c i used it on the closing solo and i think the pedal itself sounds good. the playing? well......

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/mp3/crazy%20mary.mp3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
    downloading away... im sure its cool

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    it's awesome

i'm uploading it now to GTW with a bunch of other kickass covers =)
  • low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
    thats the best cover Ive ever heard you do, Ex. excellent.

fucking great.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    thank you, guys. :)
  • good stuff man, your wah almost blew up my pc-speakers.
  • good stuff man. the wah was really good.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I would've liked the wah solo (well it's all a solo, really) to be a bit longer, that rocked
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    Originally posted by El_Kabong
    I would've liked the wah solo (well it's all a solo, really) to be a bit longer, that rocked

thanks. i'm still working on my wah skills though so i was a little slef-concious and only bit off what i knew i could chew.

i'm listening to edge's solo on the "the fly" right now. now that's wah!!!
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    just recorded this. only notable really for anyone that followed my wah pedal modifications b/c i used it on the closing solo and i think the pedal itself sounds good. the playing? well......

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/mp3/crazy%20mary.mp3

I knew your voice had more. That was a really nice blending of vocale tones.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    I knew your voice had more. That was a really nice blending of vocale tones.

thanks. i'm flat in a couple places b/c i did the acoustic and vocal together in one take but it'll do. i prefer singing this way i think. i had to turn the mic way up though so you can kinda hear the noise gate transitions.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    thanks. i'm flat in a couple places b/c i did the acoustic and vocal together in one take but it'll do. i prefer singing this way i think. i had to turn the mic way up though so you can kinda hear the noise gate transitions.

You made the effort, that's what counts and the results were good. Next time you'll do it without any effort at all. Good luck.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    I liked it a lot, thanks for posting it!

oh and put your don't dream it's over cover up sometime, would really like to check it out:)
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
    Originally posted by JDE-PJ
    I liked it a lot, thanks for posting it!

oh and put your don't dream it's over cover up sometime, would really like to check it out:)

shoot. i forgot!! i have room now so i'll do that tonight.
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    shoot. i forgot!! i have room now so i'll do that tonight.

cool, I look foward to hearing it then!
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Very cool... beautiful solo, too bad it's so short. Wah is good stuff :D
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."