we can't spend it for real but.....

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
let's pretend. for those that know what I have and what I sound like, you have carte blanche to pretend-spend $430US on what you think would be useful for me.

luckily, i can't think of anything except a phase 90 or a small stone.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• A weekend in Paris with the misses :D
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Maybe a link to your current gear would be useful.... :rolleyes:
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by pearlwax
    A weekend in Paris with the misses :D

close. but it's all going to the wedding costs unfortunately.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    phase 90 and some parts to mod it. You have everything else.

if you could upgrade the caps and run it at 18v that'd be perfect.

possibly a Clone Chorus. I don't remember if you have a chorus or not.

Ah. Cables. I'd get the Phase 90 and parts plus redo all the cables and patch cables with George L's.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by pariah
    Maybe a link to your current gear would be useful.... :rolleyes:

yeah, i figured the usual suspects would know but just in case.

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/pedals.jpg
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/recording.jpg
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    I'd spend on getting you a nice leather recliner chair for your basement so you could set back and listen to and enjoy the music that you've accomplished and decide where you want to go with it.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    I'd spend on getting you a nice leather recliner chair for your basement so you could set back and listen to and enjoy the music that you've accomplished and decide where you want to go with it.

i know!! i need a beanbag chair or something. all i have is a wooden stool.
    Seems you miss a decent Leslie thingie... why did you sell the Phase 100? I remember you had one when I first came on the board...
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
    the phase 100 just wasn't quite doing it for me. it was close but none of it's 4 settings match the phase 90. plus, i only used one setting anyway.
    You need a Mogu or two and a comfortable stool like those Fender bar stools. Maybe some candles.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Besides, you can't have a decent music space without decent "inspiration gear"... think water pipe :D
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    i know!! i need a beanbag chair or something. all i have is a wooden stool.

Oooh!! I have this awesome 50'ies chair. Spectacular!! That seals it: A rockin' chair, that is what you need. And $430 gives you some opportunities here...
    Or. EH Wiggler.

H&K Rotosphere

Or If you really want to be cool. Little Lanilei Rotary Speaker. but that's just kind of ridiculous.

I'd go with the Phase 90 it just makes sense.
    i have candles. i have white mini-lights across the ceiling. the walls are old quilts and blankets and the floor is an ugly rug. it's perfect. yes, i need a lounging chair and a bong. perfect.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I'd go with the Phase 90 it just makes sense.

as soon as one pops up for sale in canada on ebay i will try to grab it. right now, they're going for $60-65 used in the states and i can get a new one for $70 from down there but i'm getting tired of the high shipping and border costs.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i have candles. i have white mini-lights across the ceiling. the walls are old quilts and blankets and the floor is an ugly rug. it's perfect. yes, i need a lounging chair and a bong. perfect.
    BONG. That's the word I was looking for. Stupid language. OR buy a Phase90 and smoke 'em pure. Whatever.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    George L cables and...damn I keep thinking about what I would want! You could be ncie and buy me a Boss RC-20 Loop Station and a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power :D

What the expression pedal on the right most side of your effect pic going to?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    Originally posted by El_Kabong
    George L cables and...damn I keep thinking about what I would want! You could be ncie and buy me a Boss RC-20 Loop Station and a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power :D

What the expression pedal on the right most side of your effect pic going to?

just a volume pedal.
  • And if you have any money left, buy me some speakers that won't go all weird on your new wah...
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted

In that case, please use any left over money for a fire extinquisher ok.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Sound guru say: micromophones.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    I'll tell you what I'd do with $430 bucks.

Two chicks at one time. :)

Well, ok maybe a nice weekend date.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I'll tell you what I'd do with $430 bucks.

Two chicks at one time. :)

haha I lvoe that movie!
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way