i'm wiring up my strat tonight

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
with stacked, 4-conductor humbuckers. i am for sure putting a series/parallel toggle on the bridge pup but i'm wondering if there is any value in putting series/parallel on the middle or neck as well. which position do you think might create the more interesting tonal options?

i have room for two switches. i'm going to mount them between the pots.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The middle strat p/u is often under used and overlooked. Sweet mids come from that position and it's a great one to strum on.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that's kinda what i was thinking. there is some really harmonic stuff to be had in the middle.

i've got a new pickguard so it's a clean slate for this one. i'm going with normal strat Tone/Tone/Vol. At one point, I was going to buy a warmoth guard and only have Tone/Vol and use the extra space for toggles for all three pickups but i abandoned that.

i hope that with the series/parallel on the bridge, that position becomes useful on the strat like it did on my tele.

anyway, black guard with the stock cream covers and knobs. should look nice at least.
  • low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
    cool, Ex. I still havent had my TX specials installed. Cant afford the downtime on the guitar for gigs and practice. driving me nuts.

you should take a picture when yours is done and share the link!

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
    i will. it's half apart already but i'll try to do a few in-process photos.
    cool color scheme on the pg

I've always wanted one of those TBX circuits ever since playing the Clapton Strat. Phase switch would be cool. So you could get an out of phase middle when you are playing with more than one p/u on.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i might try it. out of phase hasn't been one of my favourite tricks though. but that was on an old mustang.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i might try it. out of phase hasn't been one of my favourite tricks though. but that was on an old mustang.

oooh speaking of new mustangs. Wow the 2005 is absolutely stunning, have you seen the article at Car and Driver?

Pickup phase is something I'm still trying to figure out a use for
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    oooh speaking of new mustangs. Wow the 2005 is absolutely stunning, have you seen the article at Car and Driver?

yeah. it lost something in translation as all concepts do but i'm sure it'll be nice. need to see it in person though.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    yeah. it lost something in translation as all concepts do but i'm sure it'll be nice. need to see it in person though.

It didn't lose much. A GT 350 and 500 are in the works.

As well as a Shelby (AC) Cobra rework with excess of 605 hp. It's a planned production model as well Yay!

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display_new.cfm?release=16649

and a retro bronco is coming out.

Who died and made Ford cool again?
  • low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
    have you seen the new concept Super Sport chevy 4 door sports car? its the replacement for the Camaro.. its fucking sweet.

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband