opiniatas (little modded champs)

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I like everything but that jensen mod speaker.

Weber would have been much nicer.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I like everything but that jensen mod speaker.

Weber would have been much nicer.

easily rectified. i'm watching both of these. seems like a decent deal.
    exhausted wrote:
    easily rectified. i'm watching both of these. seems like a decent deal.

yeah seriously. under 3 would be outstanding, but 400 to 500 American is probably what he wants.

It'd be really fun to carry with you everywhere too, just take that and a cable your favorite guitar and go. A one knob tweed version would be cool too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i'd like to grab a cheap silverface champ as a project. maybe if one pops up in canada.
    exhausted wrote:
    i'd like to grab a cheap silverface champ as a project. maybe if one pops up in canada.

would be cool. I found a 68 SF DR the other day that was phenomial and a grand less than any of the BF's at $1200.

You could pick up an SF champ or vibro champ for less than $300 if you find the right person.

This ones in Ohio, but cool. $295

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38074&item=7303074234&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    Pacomc79 wrote:

that's awesome. i love that set of mods. i really don't like 8" speakers much in open air though it's better when recorded.

as i understand it, there really isn't any difference in the circuits in the champs. and even if there is, it's so simple to change anyway.
    exhausted wrote:
    that's awesome. i love that set of mods. i really don't like 8" speakers much in open air though it's better when recorded.

as i understand it, there really isn't any difference in the circuits in the champs. and even if there is, it's so simple to change anyway.

search for victoria amps on Ebay, a guy has a tweed champ with 2 10"s. it's way too expensive, but it's an idea you know.

I like the idea of a 12 with the champ. I think I'd like to see what an alnico weber or Jensen would sound like too, or maybe even a vintage 30 or greenback.

for $295 I kind of want to get it for myself, the mods are worth that much.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    search for victoria amps on Ebay, a guy has a tweed champ with 2 10"s. it's way too expensive, but it's an idea you know.

I like the idea of a 12 with the champ. I think I'd like to see what an alnico weber or Jensen would sound like too, or maybe even a vintage 30 or greenback.

for $295 I kind of want to get it for myself, the mods are worth that much.

it's a US only deal anyway. i have new hobby sprouting up though so i have to decide where to focus.
    exhausted wrote:
    it's a US only deal anyway. i have new hobby sprouting up though so i have to decide where to focus.

mojotone? maybe.

oh, hey man you should check out antique electronics site. They have a small all tube amplifier you can build that's only around 100 bucks. It's an audio amp but sounds great plugged into a record player or a CD player. It'd definately let you cut your teeth.

Also check out Allen Amps http://www.allenamps.com website as they have some cool kits.

oh, and the links from fellow brilliant canadian amp maker London Power will help greatly.

http://www.londonpower.com

http://www.londonpower.com/links.htm

don't look at the prices first at london power. lots of good info there but, holy crap!!!! expensive.
  • My Weber is nice, but I'd be really interested in trying out different speakers. The Jensen MOD replacement drives me crazy... so many of the old Champs have them now, just because they're Jensen and they're cheap. Jensen makes crappy speakers, too, everyone!

I want to wire my Vibro Champ to a speaker jack, so I can use the internal OR an external of my choice. I also think a Champ would sound great with a 12" speaker... Greenback, V30, Weber ceramic, Weber alnico, Jensen P12R, old JBL...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.